Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Peanut Plant knew product was tainted

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM
  • 7 Replies
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
25beengoodtome
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Yes! I think the owner and the plant should be fined, if they knowingly sent out a tainted product.

RaggedyAnne
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I think this is a shame. Everyone involved should be FINED ! The plant knew the products were tainted, I heard it in the news what a shame.

louannwilkins
by Member on Feb. 7, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I think everyone involved should be fined.  I think if the inspectors and others knew that they should also be held accountable for allowing them to continue production.  It really saddens me to think about the deaths and all the sickness that innocent people have had to go through.

Robin
by Group Admin on Feb. 7, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

Yes! I think the owner and the plant should be fined, if they knowingly sent out a tainted product.

I agree!  They should be held responsible for making so many people sick!

jennmarie77
by on Feb. 7, 2009 at 11:13 PM

What kind of punishment do you think would be sufficient for them?  Eat their own product? =)  Ok, seriously what do you think would be appropriate fines/punishment?

mistynights234
by on Feb. 8, 2009 at 6:56 AM

Jennmarie you have the right idea! While in prison they should have to eat there own products daily.   I think that besides the fines and prison time (yes I think that they should be tried for premeditated something or nother) public apologies to the families and financial compensation. 

Quoting jennmarie77:

What kind of punishment do you think would be sufficient for them?  Eat their own product? =)  Ok, seriously what do you think would be appropriate fines/punishment?

KathyfromMags.gif picture by Kathys_Stuff

dr_m
by on Mar. 7, 2009 at 12:23 PM

i was just wondering if anyone knew how this turned out ??? i think i heard the company was going out of business, but like a lot of the news items, it just faded away ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)