Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Man 47 married 8 year old

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 9:48 AM
  • 15 Replies
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Buddhavista
by New Member on Feb. 9, 2009 at 10:40 AM

IMO, this is exactly the kind of thing that happens when government is under religious law. It is frightening. Those poor little girls.

I love the USA,  I'm glad my daughter was not subjected to that.

Deva

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 12:17 PM

I think it is pretty messed up and sick.  How could a father think that is ok, I understand this is a differnt cluture but that is still a child no matter what culture... and the poor mother who is basically powerless to do anything about it.  I am very greatful that I am here where if a husband ever tried to do that I could stand up in court and it wouldnt' be allowed!

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnanc
y, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

dr_m
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Quoting gacgbaker:

I think it is pretty messed up and sick.  How could a father think that is ok, I understand this is a differnt cluture but that is still a child no matter what culture... and the poor mother who is basically powerless to do anything about it.  I am very greatful that I am here where if a husband ever tried to do that I could stand up in court and it wouldnt' be allowed!

i agree !  glad to see you here, gacg !

marilyn

group owner,  Care Packages Unlimited

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Feb. 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM

How heartbreaking!  I feel so bad for those children - they must be so frightened.  And those poor moms - I can't think about this too much or I'll cry.  I can't imagine anyone trying to take my little girl away from me... and the govt saying it's fine - just don't have sex with her til she hit puberty!  This reminds me of sexual slavery - young girls being taken against their will and forced to have sex.  

I wish there was something that we could do to help these moms to get their little girls back.

Robin

Marinemom03
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM

SO SICK ! The poor kids.

cm08
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I can't stop shaking my head on how women/children are being oppress in other countries by men.  I feel so sad for all girls in that part of the country. 

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 9, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Quoting dr_m:

Quoting gacgbaker:

i agree !  glad to see you here, gacg !

marilyn

group owner,  Care Packages Unlimited

Good to see you too!  :)

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnanc
y, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

CubScoutMom3
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:34 AM

throwing up

texanmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 3:49 AM

Sad that the outrage had to come due to the daughter being 'SOLD' to settle the father's debt!!! & poor baby, gross a 47 yr old she has to have sex with. Hope the judge reverses his decision, and hope their grand poo-bah gets hit by a thunderbolt from heaven for allowing the legal rape of children!!! 

morningdove831
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Sickening.  Those poor kids.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured