Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Who Would Do Such A Thing?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 12:43 AM
  • 10 Replies

WALKERSVILLE, Md. (WJZ) ―

by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CharmaineL
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2009 at 7:12 AM

There are very bad people out there who simply don't care and maybe (but doubtful!) it was someone who tried to care for them, but got overwhelmed.  I can be quite jaded, but stories about animal cruelty/abandonment always get to me, since they are so helpless. The person/people responsible will most likely never get caught either. 

misskimmy62
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 7:30 AM

Somebody has to know who had thirty little barking dogs??? They were obviously selling puppies to people, pet stores, none of them were fixed and they ranged in ages between 2 and 9.. I really hope they find the people

jennmarie77
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 7:53 AM

We had a case here in NE PA where a rescue for cats left them go and didn't take care of them and numerous ones died from starvation.  The kicker?  There was a ton of food sitting in a locked storage area nearby. 

People are sick when it comes to animals but the worst part is that there are people just like them who would do the same thing to a human.  It's disgusting.

misskimmy62
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 10:07 AM

Well, there is good news - Yesterday the dogs were available for adoption, and 700 people wanted them - since there weren't enough of these guys - maybe some of the other daogs were given a second chance.

canthaveboys1
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 10:12 AM

I watch animal cops regularly, Never a show is over and I havnt shead any tears. I love animals and I cant believe some of the things people do. I wanted to work for our local animal control but decided against it because I would have to tell people about themselves. I do volunteer at the humane society, to help out what I like about that is that my 9 and 7 y/o go and help out too! Thats part of our quality time! 

Canthaveboys1
misskimmy62
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Quoting canthaveboys1:

I watch animal cops regularly, Never a show is over and I havnt shead any tears. I love animals and I cant believe some of the things people do. I wanted to work for our local animal control but decided against it because I would have to tell people about themselves. I do volunteer at the humane society, to help out what I like about that is that my 9 and 7 y/o go and help out too! Thats part of our quality time! 

You are a way stronger person than me! I just can't watch Animal Cops! It is too sad. My son and I used to volunteer at the Humane Society when we were back in Wa State. Of course every time we would leave one of us would be trying to talk the other to going back and getting one of the ones we were sure wouldn't get adopted..(we have a dad/husband who has issues when our indoor menagerie grows...)

Esmrlda
by on Feb. 11, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Animal cruelty is one of the hardest human errors that bothers me the most. It just breaks my heart when I hear about people hurting animals, torturing them or disfiguring them.  I just want to ring their neck's and see how they like it!  Why do humans have to be so mean to a lesser species?  Is it to make them feel inferior?  Are they just emotionally unstable because they were abused as children? Why poor helpless animals. It just makes me sick, I cannot watch animal planet anymore. 

LaNette000
by on Feb. 12, 2009 at 8:42 AM

We have a serious cat dumping problem right here by my home, I live right by a cemetary. Last count, have at least 10 strays outside, showing up in my yard. I feed them as often as I can, of course most of them are unpettable, meaning very wild. A few will come onto my back porch, but won't allow us to pet them. It saddens me, because I have 3 indoor cats that I am responsible for already. I have to see to their needs first. I saw a truck two days ago leaving the cemetary, tail gate down and a huge pet taxi in the back, the door was swinging open on it, so I know people are dumping them here. Makes me so mad!!! I love animals, and cats are one of my favorites. I find myself getting attached to even these wild ones, and my girls name them. I have looked all through the big phone book here and have tried 2 #'s for the shelters, and both are disconnected #'s, so where do I go to get help for these cats? I am running out of ideas as to who I can call. I live in a very small town and nobody around here oversees the animal population.

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Feb. 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Part of the reason DMX is in jail right now is that when police went into his home they found 15 dogs....12 starving, 3 already dead from starvation.

Awesome...guy only has millions..can't feed his own dogs.

IvoryIris
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Wow I use to live in Walkersville, MD.  lol Stuff like this reminds me why I left that county. 

Quoting misskimmy62:

Somebody has to know who had thirty little barking dogs??? They were obviously selling puppies to people, pet stores, none of them were fixed and they ranged in ages between 2 and 9.. I really hope they find the people

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)