Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby-faced boy is father at 13

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:24 AM
  • 26 Replies

Are you concerned with your teen having sex?  What do you think is the best way to prevent more situations like in the new article below?

Baby-faced boy is father at 13

BOY dad Alfie Patten yesterday admitted he does not know how much nappies cost — but said: “I think it’s a lot.”

Baby-faced Alfie, who is 13 but looks more like eight, became a father four days ago when his girlfriend Chantelle Steadman gave birth to 7lb 3oz Maisie Roxanne.

He told how he and Chantelle, 15, decided against an abortion after discovering she was pregnant.

Little family ... Alfie, Chantelle and baby Maisie

Little family ... Alfie, Chantelle and baby Maisie

\The Cafe GroupAdmin

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
possummom
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:29 AM

wow...he does not look 13!! he looks so much younger.

IdaKaye
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:03 AM

HMMM  I would want this babies DNA tested.  He doesn't look like he has even achieved puberty yet.

misskimmy62
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:05 AM

What a nightmare....

Da1nOnlyDestiny
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:32 AM

oh wow he looks younger than my son and my son is 6 going on 7. I wouldn't be able to handle that a father at 13? NO. First of all DNA testing is in order HOW SHE COULD EVEN SLEEP WITH HIM is beyond me his looks along would have made me feel like a rapist. I am so sad for these children. :(

momto1sweetie
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:01 AM

I'm sorry, but this whole situation is just plain wrong!!!!!  I do not commend these children for their actions or decisions, and I think their families are missing the bigger picture  here.  These two parents have no clue what is happening...more so true of the 13 yo father.

How could the grandparents think that the decisions being made by these teenage parents are viable?  

misskimmy62
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:08 AM

Yep, you have to wonder where in the hell the parents of these two were?? This is so incredible - that boy looks like he is 7. And obviously the parents are WAY to young to take care of this baby.. and even more obvious, the grandparents should not be involved with raising cats, much less humans.

bugnroosmom
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:28 AM

ok, i do not believe that boy is 13. JMO! here is a pic of my little brother(He is 13). i know alot of kids don't have growth spurts or whatever, but seriously????

My 13yr old brother

chesiretuff
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:29 AM

OMG.  That is disgusting.  It's like that girl raped that little boy.  Yuck.  Look at how much bigger she is than him!  I agree that a DNA test is in order.  I feel bad for these people.

gacgbaker
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:29 AM

This just seems so wrong.  That little boy looks my sons age! 

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnanc
y, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Some of my friends become teen parents but not at the age of 13. I think it's really sad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)