Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hot Topic (2/13): Religion - Do you believe in God? Why or Why not?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:36 AM
  • 154 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you believe in God?

Options:

Yes

No

Not sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 253

View Results

What religion do you practice - if any?

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misskimmy62
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:16 AM

I believe in God, and I believe in angels. I am a Christian, but I have never found a church that felt like it was the one for me. Every couple of years I will head out to find one. Nothing yet. I don't quote the bible, and tell people they are going to hell for doing something.. I really don't like to be around people like that. We sent our son to a Christian Elementary school - Very few people I could relate to there, the moms and the teachers all wore the "modest dresses - no pants!!!" And they could "quote the scripture" better than probably God himself. But I LOVED the pastor -he was a great speaker. But we moved from there years ago.

dr_m
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 9:51 AM

I was raised that there is a God, but then again was also told there was Santa Claus and storks brought babies..  was also told by some, there is not a God.. 

I do believe in God, yes.  It might be hard to explain, but it's faith.  There have been so many many things that have happened in my life and in other's lives, including loved ones, that really defy rational explanation.   By far the vast majority of the people on the earth believe there is a God, even if they differ in religions.  I find prayer reassuring.  I am thankful for my faith, although there are times I have had doubts, which i hear is normal... 

GOD  Loves You !

"Poems are made by fools like me,

but only God can make a tree."

lvaughn26
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I am a believer in the God of the bible. I do not have room enough to say why I believe in God. I can simply say that I have had my own experience with Him, and I have my own relationship with Christ. That is the only way that it works. If you want to know if someone is a Christian, there has to be a difference in who they were before and who they are after they claim to come to know Christ. If there is no difference, be skeptical.

jennmarie77
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:28 PM

I believe in God.  I just have to look around and see that there is a God.  I don't think just one day everything popped into being with someone or something being behind it. 

I look in my children's faces and see God.  I look at the flowers, I plant and see God.  I look the birds in the air and see God. 

I can't imagine not believing in God.

Are you a Christian Mom looking to discuss modern day issues with a Christian persepective? 

Join us at the roundtable, where no issue or topic is off the table. 

angelfor1
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:31 PM

I Belive in myself, i see myself, i can feel myself opposing to beliving in jesus who i can't see. how do i know he exsist

louannwilkins
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM

I definitely believe in God.  I believe in him  and all that he does and has done through my faith.  I go to a small church and feel like I really belong there.  Nobody there is quoting scriptures at you and if you see them around town they act the same as they do on Sun. morning and to me that's important.  When I look at my life and my circumstances I see what he does for me.  For me, I don't know where I'd have ended up with out him.  I don't try to push it on anyone else.  I think sometimes people can take it too far to try to make everyone see things their way.

NichollHead
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I believe in God, I identify the most with Christianity but have always had a few 'issues' with some traditional Christian beliefs, and with specific parts of the bible...  I believe everyone, no matter the religion, is worshiping the same God...just a individualized, cultured version of him. I've had a hard time finding a church to fit my exact belifs (and no I never will), a local non-demonnational church has been the most comfortable and accepting one that I have found....

tvschiulaz
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I most def believe in God.  I am Greek Orthodox, Hubby and daughter are Catholic, and she is practicing for her First HOly Communion this coming May.  God has gotten us through some very tough times; trust me, there are just too many to name at this point.  Having a special needs child really opens up your eyes to the miracles that God has created.

KC33
by Kim on Feb. 13, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I believe in a higher power but I think all organized religion is corrupt and false. 

SophiaofLight
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I am Pagan and believe in Gods and Goddesses

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)