Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Are you ready for the change?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:46 PM
  • 18 Replies

Digital TV transition takes effect Tuesday night

At 11:59 p.m. Tuesday night, KSBY along with KEYT and KCOY will end standard analog broadcasting. That means if you are using an analog TV and antenna to watch television, you will need to hook up a digital converter box in order to keep your picture.

Converter boxes are available online and at stores including Radio Shack and Best Buy.

We have a step by step guide to help make your transition as smooth as possible.

The switch from analog to digital begins with a converter box and antenna. If you already have an antenna on your roof, it may work for digital TV. If not, you can buy an indoor UHF antenna or one for your roof.

by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
itssweetness
by Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I thought they switched the date to June 12.......

itssweetness

camdensmom06
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Quoting itssweetness:

I thought they switched the date to June 12.......

Me too.  But yeah, I'm ready.

sunset
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:54 PM

We are ready because; we already have digital boxes from our cable company.

Eilish
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 12:54 PM

The switch has been delayed ... not enough people have bought into the government's propaganda machine ....

.... I for one am looking forward to having the TV turned off .... we aren't going digital.

julie.r0cks
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 1:19 PM

No. We don't worry about tv/cable right now. We watch movies if we get too bored, we have a ps2, xbox 360, and wii. Plus a huge yard to play in, a car to go to fun places in, etc etc etc....so we aren't "worried" about not having "tv" to watch.

julie.r0cks Moms with OPEN Minds Debate Group  Admin

Tell these people something about me that they don't already know.

julie.r0cks
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Quoting Eilish:

The switch has been delayed ... not enough people have bought into the government's propaganda machine ....

.... I for one am looking forward to having the TV turned off .... we aren't going digital.

haha! hilarious! I love it!

julie.r0cks Moms with OPEN Minds Debate Group  Admin

Tell these people something about me that they don't already know.

tgiamt
by Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 1:28 PM
We have cable, so no change for us. The whole thing is pretty stupid anyway. And what they dont tell you is not only do you need the converter box, but more than likely you'll need to buy a digital antenna. Stupid.

tvschiulaz
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 1:49 PM

We are all set; we have 2 DVR's with the cable company.  Heaven help them if my shows get cut off or something, I will flip!

jennmarie77
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 2:02 PM

What someone mention is correct that the change is not mandatory today, however any station that wants to change today is permitted to do so.  Here in my area, they are changing over, thank goodness.  I am so sick of hearing about it!

Are you a mom looking to discuss modern day issues with a Christian persepective? 

Join us at the roundtable, where no issue or topic is off the table. 

truckincowgirl
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 2:08 PM

Yeah we are ready. Most of the channels here will change on original date instead of the extended date.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN