Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man Beheads Wife

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 5:36 PM
  • 26 Replies

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2009/02/17/20090217wifebeheaded.html

Lanette , Mom of 8

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
    (")_(") help him gain world domination

by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
findingheidi
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I do not even know what to say to that...

bad

M0mma2AMonkey
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:09 PM

So sad and so wrong.

Quoting findingheidi:

I do not even know what to say to that...

bad

KC33
by Kim on Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Honor killings go unpunished in many countries, you can go to the Amnesty International website to read about and support projects to stop this kind of violence against women world wide.

http://www.amnestyusa.org/

msmoody
by Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Police say an upstate New York man concerned about the negative portrayal of Muslims in the media beheaded his wife after she filed for divorce.

I may be wrong, but beheaded his wife probably didn't help this cause.

How disturbing..

Roxatwist
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:22 PM
So much for "negative portrayal" He's definitely the kind of person that instills fear in people who stereotype muslims...He's in the U.S.!
CubanFIre
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I used to be in the military, and we were shown some pretty gruesome stuff. I once saw the beheading of a man, someone had recorded, the images haven't left me. I feel so bad for this poor woman. This should've never happen no one deserve to go through something like this.

tvschiulaz
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 10:36 PM

I know this is going to sound cruel, but stories like this are reasons why I can honestly say that Muslims are not peace loving people.  This is horrible!  Religion?  Culture?  That is plain bullshit!  A peace loving person does not behead someone.  Please help me understand this, someone!

Nimma
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 11:19 PM

angry

That was a gruesome act.

What a way to  die.Blood curdling to think of it.

If even educated  people act this way it raises doubts about the value  of life  ,about the value of a woman's life .Honour killng he would call it .It sucks

Nimma

jadedvixen
by New Member on Feb. 18, 2009 at 10:29 AM

That is completely disgusting! Just thinking of it makes me feel sick to my stomach!!!!!!!!! Just because she wanted a divorce? She was the mother of his children! I bet she just wanted to break away from him so she could get a taste of freedom. I hope he doesn't get away with this....

And I hope his children don't grow up thinking that this type of behaviour is ok, this is so sad

llrey74
by Member on Feb. 19, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Wait you can't blame it on all muslims. Thats like saying all Christians are murders when you see anti abortion groups kill people with their bombings.  This Man is reponsible for his own act, I doubt if you ask Muslims , they would condone this.

Quoting tvschiulaz:

I know this is going to sound cruel, but stories like this are reasons why I can honestly say that Muslims are not peace loving people.  This is horrible!  Religion?  Culture?  That is plain bullshit!  A peace loving person does not behead someone.  Please help me understand this, someone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)