Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
by on Feb. 21, 2009 at 7:02 PM
Replies (51-59):
possummom
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 7:30 PM

i am pro-choice and i dont like the fact that he seems to be pointing the finger at lower class women....all women from all walks of life and class have abortions....maybe he sould be educating men on safe sex instead...men just dont understand what a woman goes thru when she is preggers. they never will. so until they can carry a child...they should just be quiet.

clara50
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 7:32 PM

I am so very sorry for the loss of your daughter.

Crackles54
by on Mar. 6, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Thank you Clara.

Quoting clara50:

I am so very sorry for the loss of your daughter.

honeysuckle171
by on Mar. 7, 2009 at 3:35 AM
I believe that every one deserves to live and if you are young and have been raped then that's your choice figure it out, but women who have abortions because they don't like the father of the child, they don't want the child or for some stupid reason like that then you are an ass and screw you. "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" is in the first of the 10 commandments and no one has the right to take a life that HAS BEEN CONCEIVED IN YOU, no matter if it's still not even developed yet with eyes and stuff. It's still growing and well alive LIFE DIDN'T GIVE UP ON YOU SO DONT GIVE UP ON SOME ONE ELSES LIFE!!!!!!

"United we stand Divided we fall"

Honeysuckle171                                                     

aelitamm
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2009 at 4:30 AM

It is possible to be pro-choice and pro-life. There are legitimate reasons to have abortions and people forget to think of them when they think of "murdering babies"  let me give you a few examples.

Lets say you have an illness, and a pregnancy could or would put too much strain on your body and could or would kill you. I know mothers say all the time "I would die to save my child" but would you really give up your life, to bring a life into this world that you will never get to see, leaving your family to deal with the loss of you as well as the birth of a child that is the reason you died?

Or how about this very scary circumstance. Your 13 year old daughter goes to spend the night at some relatives house and is raped by a family member,  and don't tell me it cant happen to your child, it can, there are thousands of cases of incest every year and every one of those families thought it couldn't happen to them. Would you really force your 13 yr year to give birth to a child conceived of incest and risk losing her ability to ever have children again from a pregnancy in an immature body? What is the difference between 13 and 21 in those circumstances? Nothing! But a 21 year old was ridiculed in her home town 12 hours ago for having an abortion after her brother, doped out and drunk raped her and impregnated her. How would you feel if that was you, your daughter, your sister? 

What about rape alone, not every woman is strong enough mentally or emotionally to take care of a child they didn't ask for, plan for or willingly conceive. And sure adoption is an option, but 9 months of pregnancy is not "easy" and the emotional and mental pain that woman suffered could lead her to not take care of herself during that 9 months and cause that child to live a life with complications. Would you be strong enough to bring that child into this world and raise them, or give them away? Maybe..but most woman are not. And they should not be forced too or attacked for not doing it.

The problem with abortions is, in my eyes, woman who use abortion as a form of birth control. 

It is too bad that men will never understand what a woman goes through being pregnant, the changes, pains, aches, uncomfortableness, the pain of giving birth. Not to mention the emotional changes and the ups and downs. Any man that rants about abortions needs to have a marble lodged into his groin, grown to the size of a tennis ball and be forced to pee it out 9 months later after gaining 30-90 lbs. Then and only then can he dare to run his mouth telling woman what they should or should not do about pregnancy (poor or not poor)!

army_wife2000
by Member on Mar. 7, 2009 at 7:48 AM

If you could skip past "Crazy Pete's abortion barn", it would not be as annoying...that said, he's right about OBAMA, thanks to him, their abortions are paid by the rest of us. I for one think that is SICK.

Crazy 1

army_wife2000
by Member on Mar. 7, 2009 at 7:52 AM

AELITMAM.... just wanted to point out that I understand your points about the woman's health issue, but that decision is made upon medical necessity.  Abortion clinics are not successful because of medical necessity.  Also, when it comes to a 12 year  old, again, abortion clinics do not have the majority of their patients under the age of 18.  I checked the stats out a couple of years ago.  Anyway, as far as being hormonal,  uncomfortable and painful,  I'll take that ANY DAY over killing a baby!!!

Periwinkle RibbonAUTISM AWARENESS

katydidit1965
by on Mar. 7, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Amen!

Quoting trippyhippy:

Well I'm pro choice and I think he's an idiot.

honeysuckle171
by on Mar. 7, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Quoting army_wife2000:

If you could skip past "Crazy Pete's abortion barn", it would not be as annoying...that said, he's right about OBAMA, thanks to him, their abortions are paid by the rest of us. I for one think that is SICK.

I agree 1000000000% I want to know WTF was he thinking or was he thinking at all????????????????

"United we stand Divided we fall"

Honeysuckle171                                                     

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)