Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

FBI, police rescue child prostitutes around US - Why such light sentencing??? This is sick!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 1:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

WASHINGTON - The FBI has rescued more than 45 suspected teenage prostitutes, some as young as 13, in a nationwide sweep to remove kids from the illegal sex trade and punish their accused pimps.

Over a three-night initiative called Operation Cross Country, federal agents working with local law enforcement also arrested more than 50 alleged pimps, according to preliminary bureau data.

The teenage prostitutes found in the investigation ranged in age from 13 to 17.

Meanwhile, in Memphis, Tenn., a man pleaded guilty Monday to federal civil rights charges for sex trafficking in minors. Leonard Fox faces at least 10 years in prison after admitting that he arranged for underaged girls to engage in sex for money.

"To sexually prey upon young girls in this manner for financial gain is particularly damaging to the victims and an affront to the society in which we live," said Loretta King, acting head of the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division.

Historically, federal authorities rarely play a role in anti-prostitution crackdowns, but the FBI is becoming more involved as it tries to rescue children caught up in the business.

"The goal is to recover kids. We consider them the child victims of prostitution," said FBI Deputy Assistant Director Daniel Roberts.

by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sweetie00
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Well, I think the johns need to hang as well. We need more To Catch A Predator. 

canthaveboys1
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 1:19 PM

I love that show. What a bunch of ignorant jerks. As a mother of 4 girls, bring on the shackles!!!! 

Canthaveboys1
forsythia_18
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

As long as people get off this easy for sex crimes they're just going to keep happening.  Rapists get it easy too.  I think if you rape someone, you should get your shit cut off!!!  If that happened we could just sit back and watch the number of those crimes rapidly decline.

momof1wildchild
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 1:26 PM

It irks me to no end, the light sentences these scum get, for committing sex crimes. Rob someone, forge a check, scam someone out of $$, and they will be looking at a lengthy sentence. But rape/molest someone, and it's almost a guarantee you'll be out in 5 years or less.

Everyone having anything to do with this (from the pimps to the johns), should face lengthy prison sentences. Personally, I think if anyone molests a child (which in truth, this is exactly what this is), they should be on death row! 

forsythia_18
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Quoting momof1wildchild:

It irks me to no end, the light sentences these scum get, for committing sex crimes. Rob someone, forge a check, scam someone out of $$, and they will be looking at a lengthy sentence. But rape/molest someone, and it's almost a guarantee you'll be out in 5 years or less.

Everyone having anything to do with this (from the pimps to the johns), should face lengthy prison sentences. Personally, I think if anyone molests a child (which in truth, this is exactly what this is), they should be on death row! 

I know!! It's completely ridiculous.  Shows what the government's real priority is. 

WildKat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Agreed.

Quoting forsythia_18:

As long as people get off this easy for sex crimes they're just going to keep happening.  Rapists get it easy too.  I think if you rape someone, you should get your shit cut off!!!  If that happened we could just sit back and watch the number of those crimes rapidly decline.

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I agree! There really isn't much of a deterrent for people not to commit crimes when they get off so easy! I bet you if a guy new he'd get his thing cut off for rape there would be fewer rapes! Same with molesters! You definitely wouldn't have a repeat offender!

Quoting WildKat:

Agreed.

Quoting forsythia_18:

Jodeth
by on Feb. 23, 2009 at 3:44 PM
1 mom liked this

This may be off-topic, but I think it doesn't help that our prisons are more like cushy resorts for these guys.  They get to play basketball and lift weights and live for free, while the rest of us are working ourselves to death to make ends meet!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN