Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Palin: A victim of the media?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 10:37 AM
  • 54 Replies

The upcoming documentary, 'Media Malpractice' by conservative film maker, John Ziegler,examines the 'media bias' against Governor Sarah Palin.  While on the Today Show yesterday, Ziegler confronted Matt Lauer, alleging that the mainstream media is responsible for propagating the perception that Palin is an 'idiot.'

Post election, Governor Palin has been pretty vocal about this as well, claiming that she was untreated fairly and personally attacked. 

Do you think she was untreated fairly by the media?  Does bias really exist?  Did the media effectively 'shape' her image?

by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
forsythia_18
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 10:44 AM

I don't think she was mistreated or misrepresented in any way.  She's probably just embarrassed about some of the idiotic statements that came out of her mouth and is crying foul play.  Whether or not things were "edited" or not doesn't make any difference.  She still said them. 

I'm a very middle of the road person when it comes to politics.  I want a female in the white house just as much as the next woman.  But I want to wait for the right woman!  I want someone who's extremely intelligent as well as good with international relations.  Does anyone seriously want Palin to represent female leadership?!  I don't.  I'll wait.

spicymama.sc
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2009 at 10:44 AM

Quoting CharmaineL:

The upcoming documentary, 'Media Malpractice' by conservative film maker, John Ziegler,examines the 'media bias' against Governor Sarah Palin.  While on the Today Show yesterday, Ziegler confronted Matt Lauer, alleging that the mainstream media is responsible for propagating the perception that Palin is an 'idiot.'

Post election, Governor Palin has been pretty vocal about this as well, claiming that she was untreated fairly and personally attacked. 

Do you think she was untreated fairly by the media?  NO!!!! she made that bed ...now she has to lay in it....:)

Does bias really exist? in this case...i dont think it applies

Did the effectively media 'shape' her image?the media didnt shape her image...she & the Bush Administration shaped her image  -lol

momof1wildchild
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 10:46 AM

LOL. Regarding Palin, I do not think the media is responsible for Palin's 'rough ride' or blemished image.

Palin need look no further than her mirror, to find fault for the image the American people saw.

I'm not surprised a "conservative film maker" went on the attack. It would seem obvious. Afterall, they (conservatives) thought they were bringing out the best of what they had to offer (McCain/Palin), and lost. Rather than take it with their heads held up, they are going to find someone to blame.

Reminds me of spoiled children who can't play/lose nice. Someone else is always to blame for why they didn't get what they wanted.

Boo hoo hoo.

AmaliaD
by Member on Feb. 24, 2009 at 11:59 AM

nooo i think she is an uneducated lucky woman who has good looks and was elected in Alaska because of all the men who live there like to jack off to the governor!  she didnt even know that  Africa was a continent.... she is a real moron, she should have known that about herself and never accepted the nomination.... she was treated more than fairly,,, i mean she didn't even have a real debate, joe "couldnt do that to her"   i find the idea of that movie/film funny! 

writer_moma
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 12:14 PM

do you really have to take jabs at alaska men in order to prove your point?

Quoting AmaliaD:

nooo i think she is an uneducated lucky woman who has good looks and was elected in Alaska because of all the men who live there like to jack off to the governor!  she didnt even know that  Africa was a continent.... she is a real moron, she should have known that about herself and never accepted the nomination.... she was treated more than fairly,,, i mean she didn't even have a real debate, joe "couldnt do that to her"   i find the idea of that movie/film funny! 

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I think her own mouth got her into trouble. The media might have enjoyed playing all the things Palin said then later contradicted herself in another interview or her surprising lack of knowledge but no, Palin is to blame for Palin's reputation.

Katie911
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Giving the benefit of the doubt.  The media fed off her problems from day one.  Her teenage daughter was pregnant.  She talks wierd.  She does not know her geography.  So on and so forth.  They never gave her a chance. 

But the media will laugh at anyone who catches their eye.  We had better watch our backs

sweetie00
by on Feb. 24, 2009 at 1:05 PM

I thought John Ziegler appeared just as moronic as Palin. That interview with Matt Lauer was combative and embarrassing. He kept trying to put words into Matt's mouth and said that Michael Moore was fat, and stupid shit like that. The guy has ZERO credibility.

ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Quoting forsythia_18:

I don't think she was mistreated or misrepresented in any way.  She's probably just embarrassed about some of the idiotic statements that came out of her mouth and is crying foul play.  Whether or not things were "edited" or not doesn't make any difference.  She still said them. 

I'm a very middle of the road person when it comes to politics.  I want a female in the white house just as much as the next woman.  But I want to wait for the right woman!  I want someone who's extremely intelligent as well as good with international relations.  Does anyone seriously want Palin to represent female leadership?!  I don't.  I'll wait.

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 7:54 PM

A person running for VICE PRESIDENT should know geography!! Sure the media made fun of her but come on!!!

Quoting Katie911:

She does not know her geography. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)