Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Flag-Draped Casey Anthony Doll for Sale on eBay, Would you buy?

Flag-Draped Casey Anthony Doll for Sale on eBay

A Casey Anthony doll clad in an American flag dress like one the accused child-killer wore to a costume party has found its way onto the electronic auction block.

An eBay seller in Quincy, Mass., is offering the doll — which also comes with sunglasses, the Examiner in Orlando reported.

Anthony, 22, was pictured wearing Old Glory shortly after her daughter Caylee's disappearance over the summer. The young single mother is in jail on first-degree murder charges in the 2-year-old girl's death.

The auction ended Monday night without any bids.

This is not the first time a Casey Anthony doll wound up on eBay. Last month, a New Orleans-based artist was selling a set on the online auction site, according to the Examiner.

In a separate incident, a Caylee Anthony doll was pulled the day it was to go on sale on an independent Web site.

Caylee disappeared in mid-June but wasn't reported missing until a month later.

Her remains were found in December in a wooded lot about a half-mile from her family's home. The medical examiner ruled her death a homicide.

Last week, police released documents showing that evidence found on or near the little girl's remains were a match to items at the home she lived in with her mother and grandparents.

Casey has insisted that she had nothing to do with her little girl's disappearance and death, saying she last saw her when she left her with a baby sitter.

Police say she made the story up and the sitter doesn't exist.

Click here for more on this story from the Examiner.

by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 7:08 AM
Replies (21-27):
dlb99
by Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 8:07 AM
That is just twisted!
crazyblonde123
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:29 PM

No I would not buy the doll, she does not even need to have a doll to look like her. What she did was disgusting and so wrong that I think she needs to die just like her daughter did.

canthaveboys1
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Not just no but Hell No! I think she is crazy first of all, she is trying to profit from the publicity of her daughters death. That is a disgrace and a disgrace on draping the American flag on anyone for clothing disgusts me. The only reason it should be draped on anyone is the soldiers, or police officers that unfortunate and lost their lives not a psychotic child killer! I hope the American government throws the book at her and puts a needle in her arm!

angry

Canthaveboys1
forsythia_18
by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Was the profit going to go to the mother?!

grigsbymom
by Member on Feb. 27, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quoting Katie911:

I hope Casey Anthony rots in hell!

debbie1972
by Member on Feb. 27, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Quoting Da1nOnlyDestiny:

if it was a voodoo doll i would have bought it!

My thoughts exactly!

supermom401967
by New Member on Feb. 27, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Quoting momof1wildchild:

Sick. Disgusting. Appalling. Hell no. 

ditto

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)