Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Flag-Draped Casey Anthony Doll for Sale on eBay, Would you buy?

Flag-Draped Casey Anthony Doll for Sale on eBay

A Casey Anthony doll clad in an American flag dress like one the accused child-killer wore to a costume party has found its way onto the electronic auction block.

An eBay seller in Quincy, Mass., is offering the doll — which also comes with sunglasses, the Examiner in Orlando reported.

Anthony, 22, was pictured wearing Old Glory shortly after her daughter Caylee's disappearance over the summer. The young single mother is in jail on first-degree murder charges in the 2-year-old girl's death.

The auction ended Monday night without any bids.

This is not the first time a Casey Anthony doll wound up on eBay. Last month, a New Orleans-based artist was selling a set on the online auction site, according to the Examiner.

In a separate incident, a Caylee Anthony doll was pulled the day it was to go on sale on an independent Web site.

Caylee disappeared in mid-June but wasn't reported missing until a month later.

Her remains were found in December in a wooded lot about a half-mile from her family's home. The medical examiner ruled her death a homicide.

Last week, police released documents showing that evidence found on or near the little girl's remains were a match to items at the home she lived in with her mother and grandparents.

Casey has insisted that she had nothing to do with her little girl's disappearance and death, saying she last saw her when she left her with a baby sitter.

Police say she made the story up and the sitter doesn't exist.

Click here for more on this story from the Examiner.

by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 7:08 AM
Replies (11-20):
ColtsFan1912
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Disgusting. Why the hell would i wantt to buy a doll of some woman who murdered her child & threw her lil body out like it was yesterdays trash. Disgusting.

This actually makes me furious.

Mommy to Caleb Grant 11-16-07 My Sunshine

"Be careful little feet where you go, for it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow" -Casting Crowns

"if you dont want to stand behind our soliders feel free to stand in front of them" unknown

miranda2001
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 3:25 PM

This doll is a disgrace and whoever posted it on eBay is SICK! Poor little Caylee deserves justice, and Casey  deserves the same fate her daughter suffered!

mushmom
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 3:42 PM

hells no!  can't belive there are so many sickos out there!  i've been following the case and if anyone is guilty and deserves the death penalty it's her.  she certainly doesn't deserve fame.

Anica81
by New Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 3:45 PM

clapping

Quoting julie323:

No. I cannot stand the people who have the nerve to try and profit from a situation such as this.

crazylena
by Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I'm just glad that people had the right mind not to buy it!  This person needs to have their head examined.  Personally, what they did isn't much better than what Casey's mom did. 

forsythia_18
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Why the hell would someone buy that?!  It's sick that people want to make a profit out of an unfortunate situation.  There was also that Caylee doll too...so wrong.  It makes my skin crawl.

momtocarlos
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 6:55 PM

I AGREE!!!

Quoting forsythia_18:

Why the hell would someone buy that?!  It's sick that people want to make a profit out of an unfortunate situation.  There was also that Caylee doll too...so wrong.  It makes my skin crawl.

MammaKittie
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Okay...seriously, how twisted can we be? This is absolutely disgusting that someone is using this story to make a quick buck! Think of that poor beautiful little girl!

MissMarce
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 7:55 AM

I just don't get it. Some people are just sick minded. We have a dead baby. People should be focusing on how not to let this happen again to another baby. Let's not glorify the accused for money. 

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 8:05 AM

sick

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)