Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Watch out Starbucks: A New Trend in Coffee?

Would you want this coffee shop in your neighborhood? 

Do you think the idea will take off?

Topless 'Over-18' Cafe in Maine Alarms Neighbors

VASSALBORO, Maine  —  Cup size has more than one meaning at a new central Maine coffeehouse.

Servers are topless at the Grand View Topless Coffee Shop, which opened its doors Monday on a busy road in Vassalboro. A sign outside says, "Over 18 only." Another says, "No cameras, no touching, cash only."

On Tuesday, two men sipped coffee at a booth while three topless waitresses and a bare-chested waiter stood nearby. Topless waitress Susie Wiley said men, women and couples have stopped by.

The coffee shop raised the ire of dozens of residents when it went before the town planning board last month. Town officials said the coffee shop met the letter of the law.

by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
CharmaineL
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 9:10 PM

LOL and bizarre!

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I think it sounds kinda stupid.

mytwosons510
by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM

No Thanks

bluewolf
by Member on Feb. 25, 2009 at 11:24 PM

just wait if a woman can be stupid enough to put her coffee in her lap the sue mcdonalds about it being hot and burning her wait till the lawsuits start itll be so funny

JJTaylor
by Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 2:14 AM

I am not sure I really understand the need... plus who in their right minds would want to work at a place that serves scalding hot anything and be naked?!!  OUCH!!!

I know it's a bit different, but, here in Washington and a few locations in Oregon too there are bikini clad barista's and there are people that have fits about that too!  I find that pretty funny myself.  I have always known I have the choice to drive in to these spots or drive by, personally I don't buy much "fancy" coffee from a coffee shop regardless... I have a coffee maker at home that collects dust; I have been a SAHM for about 2 years now and coffee is the least of my daily issues. 

I think it's odd, but, like I said you don't have to go there and deal with what some might not want to deal with. 

Kittismama
by Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 2:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I live in Vegas...it wouldn't be any surprise at all. 

Honestly the only thing I have against things like that is the sexualization of nudity.  Nudity is something kids should see as beautiful and natural (although inappropriate in many settings) not something that just a part of sex.  I mean if people didn't sexualize the body so much nursing babies wouldn't get dirty looks.

I must take issue with the term 'a mere child,' for it has been my invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely preferable to that of a mere adult. -  Fran Lebowitz                                                            

sweetheartpink
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 2:25 AM
AS LONG AS THEY ARE WEARING HAIR NETS.
-----
Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/sweetheartpink
kate19kid
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 2:27 AM

Seriously? My first thought was, "OUCH!" Coffee seems like a very dangerous beverage to be serving topless. Those poor boobs. I spill way too much for that to be in my realm of understanding.

Sprnewmom
by New Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Quoting forsythia_18:

LOL. That's hilarious!  I know the human body is such a shocking thing for most people.  (rolls eyes)

Well, if you think it's gross--don't go!!

If you don't want your children to see--don't take them!!

the end.

I TOTALLY agree!  

cmarielin
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 8:58 AM

I think it's sleazy, but I'm sure it will take off in some communities.

smile

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured