Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Watch out Starbucks: A New Trend in Coffee?

Would you want this coffee shop in your neighborhood? 

Do you think the idea will take off?

Topless 'Over-18' Cafe in Maine Alarms Neighbors

VASSALBORO, Maine  —  Cup size has more than one meaning at a new central Maine coffeehouse.

Servers are topless at the Grand View Topless Coffee Shop, which opened its doors Monday on a busy road in Vassalboro. A sign outside says, "Over 18 only." Another says, "No cameras, no touching, cash only."

On Tuesday, two men sipped coffee at a booth while three topless waitresses and a bare-chested waiter stood nearby. Topless waitress Susie Wiley said men, women and couples have stopped by.

The coffee shop raised the ire of dozens of residents when it went before the town planning board last month. Town officials said the coffee shop met the letter of the law.

by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
geminitwiins
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Personally I would not go, I have my own set to look at thank you....But I really want to know is where are the attractions for the women? I mean you hear about topless news, topless, doughnuts, topless coffee, topless everything....I like men and I don't think I would mind staring at a six pack first thing in the morning.....LOL

dr_m
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure the guys will LOVE it... 

not my style.. lol...

JanMarie225
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Those of who think this is ok is why women are seen as objects! This is just a gimmick to get ppl, mostly men, in to their establishment. I, for one, would not want to be used as a marketing tool and get minimum wage on top of that! The coffee probably sux too!

tscritch
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 9:35 AM
My first thought was what do the milk/cream dispensers look like? LOL
fooddiaryuser
by Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 4:08 PM

OMG Did not expect this trend! Great point about the sober clients...maybe they should cut to decaf though!

Just think of the possibilities...a lactating mom could do a "table dance" and give them a "Double Latte" LOL

sweetie00
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 4:17 PM

No shit!!! Tits-oh, no!!! Shoot em' up video games- no problem.......

Quoting forsythia_18:

LOL. That's hilarious!  I know the human body is such a shocking thing for most people.  (rolls eyes)

Well, if you think it's gross--don't go!!

If you don't want your children to see--don't take them!!

the end.

sweetie00
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 4:18 PM

I"m sure the tits,er, tips, are pretty good!

Quoting JanMarie225:

Those of who think this is ok is why women are seen as objects! This is just a gimmick to get ppl, mostly men, in to their establishment. I, for one, would not want to be used as a marketing tool and get minimum wage on top of that! The coffee probably sux too!

sweetie00
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

you hit the nail right on the head with this.

Quoting Kittismama:

I live in Vegas...it wouldn't be any surprise at all. 

Honestly the only thing I have against things like that is the sexualization of nudity.  Nudity is something kids should see as beautiful and natural (although inappropriate in many settings) not something that just a part of sex.  I mean if people didn't sexualize the body so much nursing babies wouldn't get dirty looks.

forsythia_18

Quoting sweetie00:

I"m sure the tits,er, tips, are pretty good!

Quoting JanMarie225:

LOL! Hey, I'd go.  My husband and I would love going together.  :)

sweetie00

ROTFLMAO

Quoting sweetheartpink:

AS LONG AS THEY ARE WEARING HAIR NETS.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)