Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Watch out Starbucks: A New Trend in Coffee?

Would you want this coffee shop in your neighborhood? 

Do you think the idea will take off?

Topless 'Over-18' Cafe in Maine Alarms Neighbors

VASSALBORO, Maine  —  Cup size has more than one meaning at a new central Maine coffeehouse.

Servers are topless at the Grand View Topless Coffee Shop, which opened its doors Monday on a busy road in Vassalboro. A sign outside says, "Over 18 only." Another says, "No cameras, no touching, cash only."

On Tuesday, two men sipped coffee at a booth while three topless waitresses and a bare-chested waiter stood nearby. Topless waitress Susie Wiley said men, women and couples have stopped by.

The coffee shop raised the ire of dozens of residents when it went before the town planning board last month. Town officials said the coffee shop met the letter of the law.

by on Feb. 25, 2009 at 5:00 PM
Replies (31-39):
sweetie00
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 4:23 PM

WOMEN ARE TO SMART TO PAY FOR THAT, THOUGH.

Quoting geminitwiins:

Personally I would not go, I have my own set to look at thank you....But I really want to know is where are the attractions for the women? I mean you hear about topless news, topless, doughnuts, topless coffee, topless everything....I like men and I don't think I would mind staring at a six pack first thing in the morning.....LOL

humanjunglegym
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 4:23 PM

I wouldn't want it in my area but I also don't want strip clubs or "gentlemen's clubs (cough, cough)" in my area either.

ColtsFan1912
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2009 at 4:31 PM

Um the question is IF WE WOULD GO. . .so what if we say no we shouldn't answer.

Quoting forsythia_18:

LOL. That's hilarious!  I know the human body is such a shocking thing for most people.  (rolls eyes)

Well, if you think it's gross--don't go!!

If you don't want your children to see--don't take them!!

the end.

Mommy to Caleb Grant 11-16-07 My Sunshine

"Be careful little feet where you go, for it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow" -Casting Crowns

"if you dont want to stand behind our soliders feel free to stand in front of them" unknown

forsythia_18
by on Feb. 26, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

Um the question is IF WE WOULD GO. . .so what if we say no we shouldn't answer.

Quoting forsythia_18:

LOL. That's hilarious!  I know the human body is such a shocking thing for most people.  (rolls eyes)

Well, if you think it's gross--don't go!!

If you don't want your children to see--don't take them!!

the end.

The question is, "would you want this coffee shop in your neighborhood".  Not "would you go?" You can be ok with it being in the neighborhood and not want to go.  That was the point I was trying to make in my post. 

Due9
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Wonder if it's still open 

jcrew6
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 1:32 AM

They have bikini/lingerie baristas in our town.  I thought this was a trend elsewhere.  Lol.  

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:15 AM

I wouldn't go, but I see no reason to get upset that the place exists.

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

stormcris
by Christy on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:39 AM

LOL I love the idea.

Look I am not a fan of the idea that over exposure desensitizes people but since so many support that then this should stop the objections to breastfeeding in public since they will be used to seeing boobs.

Ashley_Carlson
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 6:43 AM

I might have to pay that place a visit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN