Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dad put baby in dryer!! ( more info)

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 10:37 PM
  • 25 Replies

MESA, Ariz. -(Feb. 27)Police in Mesa say a father is jailed on child abuse charges after he intentionally turned on a clothes dryer while his 1-year-old son played inside.

Police spokesman Sgt. Steve Berry says a family was at home Wednesday evening when the child began playing in the dryer. Family members thought it was cute and the mother went to get a camera.
That's when police say 19-year-old Jose Rocha turned on the dryer.
The mother told officers she heard the child screaming.
Police called to the resulting domestic dispute found the boy with bumps and bruises and took Rocha into custody.

Updated: I figured I would look into this more and get more of what happened, here is what I found.

MESA -- A man was arrested for child abuse after police say he turned on a clothes dryer while his 1-year-old son was inside it.

Police were called to a Mesa residence for a domestic dispute between Jose Rocha, 19, and other family members who were upset because Rocha had placed his son in the dryer and turned it on.

Witnesses reported that the situation started when the child was playing and crawled inside the dryer and the family thought it was cute.

Police say when the child's mother left the room to get a camera for a photo, Rocha is alleged to have closed the door and turned on the dryer.

According to police, the child's mother said that she heard the dryer turn on and the child screaming.

The boy received some bumps and bruises. He was treated at the scene and remained in the custody of his mother.

Rocha and the boy's mother claim he never turned the dryer on, but family members who were there said he did.

"I just think it's all being misunderstood," the boy's mother said.

She believes Rocha spun the dryer with his hands, playing with his son.

Rocha was arrested and booked for one count of child abuse.

by on Feb. 27, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmarielin
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 12:41 AM

What the crap was he thinking??

slap<(this needs to be a dad sweetpea.  We'll just have to pretend.)

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."  ~Patrick Henry

lnlsmommy
by Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 12:45 AM

He needs to go to jail and be prosecuted for child abuse!!!

ddbz
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 1:01 AM

He needs a brain transplant.

Mrs.NikkiC
by Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 1:22 AM

What the hell... First off that would be the last time daddy saw that child or any other child, and that would be court ordered, secondly I would be smacking the momma upside the head for not recognizing she chose to procreate with a psycho path!

ShadowRaven
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM

WTH was the kid doing in the dryer in the first damn place?!  And the other family members thought it was CUTE?!

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 10:08 AM

I don't buy their story. Then again this sound like the same kind of person who tortures their animal. Anyone who can not see that turning the dryer on while their child is inside is going to hurt them and not be cute shouldn't be allowed to have children, PERIOD!!

momof1wildchild
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Quoting lnlsmommy:

He needs to go to jail and be prosecuted for child abuse!!!

I agree!

jessi311
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Maybe if they thought this was cute, that seeing the baby bounce around in there would be even cuter!  Nut jobs!!!

Quoting cherryapple78:

MESA, Ariz. -(Feb. 27)Police in Mesa say a father is jailed on child abuse charges after he intentionally turned on a clothes dryer while his 1-year-old son played inside.

Police spokesman Sgt. Steve Berry says a family was at home Wednesday evening when the child began playing in the dryer. Family members thought it was cute and the mother went to get a camera.
That's when police say 19-year-old Jose Rocha turned on the dryer.
The mother told officers she heard the child screaming.
Police called to the resulting domestic dispute found the boy with bumps and bruises and took Rocha into custody.

So what do you think should happen to the dad?

Brandie_xo
by Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 10:52 AM

I dont buy the story.

there has to be more to it than "i'm going to kill you in the dryer while your mom is getting the camera"

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkBaby#2 Due Oct. 12

pregnancy due date

Bianca008
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM

He should be slapped in the head ..so should the baby's mother ...and so should the guys  mother for not teaching him any better ! Parenting classes !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured