Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Teen sleepovers?

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM
  • 42 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you let your teen's boyfriend or girlfriend spend the night at your house?

Options:

Yes, I feel more secure that my child is in my house

Yes, I trust them

No, don’t want to set a bad example for the younger kids

No, just no!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 93

View Results

Had an interesting convo with a good friend who admitted to me that her parents always let her boyfriend(s) spend the night in her room. She said she would never have an issue with that. Growing up, my parents would never have allowed that, and I'm not sure I would allow it.  Would you?

by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cmarielin
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Nope.  Not in this lifetime.  I don't think I need to explain...lol

wink

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests."  ~Patrick Henry

Brandie_xo
by Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 10:47 AM

hell no.

i wasnt even allowed to have boys in my room. let alone in my bed!

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkBaby#2 Due Oct. 12

pregnancy due date

JanMarie225
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I voted yes, I trust them. It was more like a friend-boy instead and there were 3 other girls sleeping over. I would never let just a boyfriend/girlfriend sleep over.

dlb99
by Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Certainly not by choice.  However, my sons's girlfriend was over one night (supposedly had a ride home) left around 10, said her sister was picking her up and she told her to wait outside). 

So around 1:00 am my dog is barking, I get up to check things out and she is quietly tapping on my front door.  I opened the door, it is cold and raining out, she is crying.  Her ride never came so she just sat in my back yard for  3 hours.  I let her stay in the guest room and took her home in the morning.

ColtsFan1912
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 11:17 AM

nope. Maybe in an emergerncy but then my son is sleeping on the floor in MY room lol & i'll stay up all night hehe . No hanky panky in my house :D

Mommy to Caleb Grant 11-16-07 My Sunshine

"Be careful little feet where you go, for it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow" -Casting Crowns

"if you dont want to stand behind our soliders feel free to stand in front of them" unknown

CharmaineL
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Hmm, I don't think I'd allow it.  But I might change my mind, depending on the situation if it ever arises.

JJTaylor
by Member on Feb. 28, 2009 at 2:08 PM

NOPE!  I do not think they has anything to do with trust, IMO it has more to do with being a good parent and having boundaries, if we don't have them our kids will continue to reach further and further to find them... it's just stupid to test your kids' hormones.  Again, who's the grown up?  We are!  No one has to be a saint, but, still set boundaries, or your kids will keep pushing and pushing until you have nothing...

heyiitsang84
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Yes I would. It's better than them sneeking around or lying to you. Plus I'm very protective so the boy or girl friend wouldn't get out of my sight!!!! LOL. He or she would be sleeping on the couch or in the spare bedroom!!! I always stayed the night with my boyfriend who is now my husband.

izzybear0217
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 4:17 PM

I agree and my mom never let me have boys in my room either. I don't want my daughter or son to have a baby at 14.

Quoting Brandie_xo:

hell no.

i wasnt even allowed to have boys in my room. let alone in my bed!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
photofamilyof7
by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I won't with my stepkids but my boys are 10 months and 2 years old so... don't know what my relationship will be like with them. My mom aloud my bf to spend the night with me in highschool. But we had a very open relationship (went straight home and told her the night I had sex,lol). And he and I NEVER had sex in my parents house. I'm 25 and have NEVER had sex in my parents house. That's creepy!!  

in loveRonnie & Holly teen girlBecca, teen boyDustin, teen girlPorshia, toddler boyHawk, & baby boyCurt!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN