Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: Would you let your teen's boyfriend or girlfriend spend the night at your house?

Options:

Yes, I feel more secure that my child is in my house

Yes, I trust them

No, don’t want to set a bad example for the younger kids

No, just no!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 93

View Results

Had an interesting convo with a good friend who admitted to me that her parents always let her boyfriend(s) spend the night in her room. She said she would never have an issue with that. Growing up, my parents would never have allowed that, and I'm not sure I would allow it.  Would you?

by on Feb. 28, 2009 at 10:27 AM
Replies (41-42):
hsteele
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 6:39 PM

We are a very open family and have a different attitude about sex and its morality. However, I do not plan to encourage my daughter to have sex before she is an adult and able to deal with the consequences of sexual relationships. I do not expect her to be a virgin when she is married, however I don't want her to have to face consequences like pregnancy or STDs at such a young age. By saying its ok for her to have sex in the house (which is what I would be doing by letting her boyfriend stay there) I would be saying that I things its ok for to have sex so young. I hope when she is a teenage that she will respect me enough to think twice if I disaprove of a sexual relationship as a teenager.

mommy2isabella
by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 12:35 AM

My husband's parents let me sleep over and spend the night before we were married or even engaged. We were young. My mother even at 21 when I was not married yet would not allow my husband to spend the night...lol. I would not allow that as of now but I can't judge how  I will feel in the future, my daughter is only 2.

in lovetoddler girlbaby boyHappily married to Erik 04.12 and proud mommy to Isabella Grace 11.01.06 and Camden Bjorn 09.18.08

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN