Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trial Delayed For Man Accused of Animal Abuse

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 2:48 PM
  • 3 Replies

A question was asked in the anwer area of this site the other day, that if you saw your SO or whatever abusing an animal, would you call the police??? My answer was yes - and here is a pretty good example of why. 

FREDERICK, Md. (AP) ―

The trial of a man accused of hitting a pit bull puppy, fracturing its skull and blinding the animal, has been delayed.

Troy D. Goines of Frederick has been charged with felony and misdemeanor animal cruelty in the August incident. According to charging documents, Goines punched the dog in Discovery, a Walkersville subdivision. The dog's owner agreed to have it euthanized after its condition deteriorated.

An emergency kept a prosecution witness from appearing in Frederick County Circuit Court at a jury trial on Monday. The trial has been rescheduled for March 30.

by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KittyD
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 2:49 PM

i think i would be seriously disturbed and would fear for my life so i prob would call the police on my husband..poor animal

KittyD ~ Stop by  my page and sign my Guestbook!

Katie911
by on Mar. 3, 2009 at 3:40 PM

It is just like if I saw someone beating a kid, I would call the cops and stay there to make sure the cops could get them.  I would write down license plate number, a discription of the person and of the animal.  It is cold blooded to stand there and do nothing.

I probably would also actually yell and make sure the asshole knew I saw him. 

CharmaineL
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Yes, I would call the police after I'm finished!  Nobody, not even DH, can hurt my cat!  A misdemeanor? The man below should serve jail time and be fined heavily. In addition, this behavior should go on record, as it can be a warning sign.  There are many countless studies out there that show a direct correlation between sociopathy and animal abuse.  In all probabilty, if he hasn't done so already, he may have already attacked human beings or is en route to. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured