Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh My WoW! This woman???

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 11:30 PM
  • 15 Replies

Mar 4, 11:08 PM (ET)

(AP) Araceli Castro, who identified herself as a nanny, talks to reporters in the morning on Friday,...
Full Image

Google sponsored links
"2009 Anti-Aging Awards" - Over 200 wrinkle creams were tested Find out which cream took the award
www.AmericanAntiAgingSpotlig

Find Missing Family - Get Addresses & Phone Numbers w/ Name. Instant & Accurate Results!
USsearch.com

WHITTIER, Calif. (AP) - Octuplet mother Nadya Suleman became unhinged with fear last year when she thought she had lost one of her children, repeatedly telling an emergency dispatcher, "Oh God, I'm going to kill myself," according to a recording of her 911 call released Wednesday by police.

Suleman made the call Oct. 27 after her 5-year-old son went missing from the front yard, only to find him a few minutes later after he returned from a walk.

Suleman's repeated threats of suicide prompted a chiding from the dispatcher, who could hear children's voices in the background.

"Don't say that in front of your other child, OK?" the dispatcher tells Suleman. "Keep yourself under control for your other child; he doesn't need to hear that."

(AP) Araceli Castro, right, who identified herself as a nanny, talks to reporters in the morning on...
Full Image
Suleman, an unemployed single mother, has come under scrutiny since giving birth to octuplets Jan. 26 when she already had six other children, ages 2 to 7. Talk show hosts, celebrities and others have weighed in on the topic, with some questioning her ability to look after 14 children.

The dramatic call Suleman made three months before the octuplets' birth resulted in a police visit to her home in Whittier, about 15 miles east of Los Angeles. It was among a number of visits authorities have made to the house in the last 14 months.

The 911 tape begins with Suleman repeatedly asking the operator, "Where's my son?" before she provides an address or any information. She eventually tells the operator she hadn't seen Joshua Jacob for an hour and he had been playing in the front yard, and she feared he was kidnapped.

The call ended with Suleman sobbing hysterically upon finding the child, saying, "He went on a walk and came back by himself."

Police and the Los Angeles County Department of Child and Family Services visited Suleman's home in July in response to a complaint that the children appeared poorly cared for, but both agencies determined the complaint was unfounded.

Suleman, in an interview with RadarOnline.com, said the neighbor who alerted police was unhappy because her family was loud and she allowed her children to play in the mud.

Police also once visited the home to let a child out of a locked bedroom.

Be Careful of the toes you step on today, May be the Ass You have to kiss tomorrow!

by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cookieisaSAHM
by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 11:38 PM

wow, not suprising, but still sad. Please step in CPS!!!

..JessIca..
by Member on Mar. 4, 2009 at 11:51 PM

EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Like when CPS takes those children out of the nut house, and they are cared for like they deserve!

Katie911
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 12:57 AM

That woman is a selfish incubator!  She needs to be forced to have a hysterecomy so no other child is forced to have her for a mother.  She had kids because she was lonely as a child.  OMG she had 6!  And she has IVF or whatever so she did it on purpose.  No birth control, no condoms.  She is a freak!

Wyldbutterfly
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM

Quoting Katie911:

That woman is a selfish incubator!  She needs to be forced to have a hysterecomy so no other child is forced to have her for a mother.  She had kids because she was lonely as a child.  OMG she had 6!  And she has IVF or whatever so she did it on purpose.  No birth control, no condoms.  She is a freak!

rolling on flooryou rock

canthaveboys1
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Quoting ..JessIca..:

EVERYTHING happens for a reason. Like when CPS takes those children out of the nut house, and they are cared for like they deserve!

clappingI totally agree!

Canthaveboys1
grigsbymom
by Member on Mar. 5, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Me three!!!!!

Quoting canthaveboys1:

Quoting ..JessIca..:

clappingI totally agree!

army_wife2000
by Member on Mar. 5, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Those poor kids.....what a nut for a mom!

Crazy 1

tealadyd
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 11:09 AM

Yeah, I heard the soundbite from the 911 call.  That woman was out of control. Naturally any woman be freaking out if one of our kids went missing.  But to repeatedly mutter, "I'm gonna kill myself, I'm gonna kill myself, I'm gonna kill myself", was over the top uncontrollable behavior.  She is whakky.  She had to have been about 3 months pregnant at the time.  Anyone that emotionally unstable should not be responsible for 14 children, 8 of whom are premature infants, 1 who is autistic.  This is a bad situation.

LaNette000
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 2:38 PM

This is what I picked up on from the get go. She is unstable and few quarts low. How can she raise all these kids? it's aparent from stories in the media, she doesn't have it together. Makes me want to puke. I worry for those kids.

Her saying she was lonely as a child??? Well, hell, get a pet, not 14 kids. 

Be Careful of the toes you step on today, May be the Ass You have to kiss tomorrow!

debbie1972
by Member on Mar. 6, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Having been a mom for as many years as I have (and to as many children as I have !) there are very few situations you can throw out there that I have not experienced....Including not being able to find one of my children.

SOOOOO.... my problem with her response is the way she reacted....When you are in a crisis situation involving your child you can not lose it like that!  Act now, melt down later! She wasn't responding to the dispatcher's questions, and didn't even provide her address when asked.

Her response is what I would expect out of a 16 y/o baby sitter, not a grown mother of 6.

BTW, my incident happened in under 10 minutes, and I had the phone in hand ready to call 911....her son was gone for like an hour!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured