Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

WE Surround Them - Glenn Beck

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:02 AM
  • 25 Replies

ok so i got nosey and read up on Glenn Beck and I came across this on his webpage and laughed but still thought I would share since I am sure there are many who would like to partake in it on this site if they have not already (see i think of others even when i dont agree with them).

WE Surround Them

March 4, 2009 - 23:48 ET

Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
 We Surround Them-The Unveiling
 March 13th on FOX News 5pm ET

Host or Attend a Viewing Party

Sign up on meetup.com to join the WE Surround them Viewing Party. Where is your gathering taking place? Let us know. Click the ‘more details about this meet up’ link to leave your comment...

Radio stations participating in the We Surround Them gathering party

Find a Viewing Party
Click on your state to add/find a party near you.

Share this page with your friends and family...

Do you watch the direction that America is being taken in and feel powerless to stop it?

Do you believe that your voice isn’t loud enough to be heard above the noise anymore?

Do you read the headlines everyday and feel an empty pit in your stomach…as if you’re completely alone?

If so, then you’ve fallen for the Wizard of Oz lie. While the voices you hear in the distance may sound intimidating, as if they surround us from all sides—the reality is very different. Once you pull the curtain away you realize that there are only a few people pressing the buttons, and their voices are weak. The truth is that they don’t surround us at all.

We surround them.

So, how do we show America what’s really behind the curtain? Below are nine simple principles. If you believe in at least seven of them, then we have something in common. I urge you to read the instructions at the end for how to help make your voice heard.

12 Values
  • Honesty
  • Reverence
  • Hope
  • Thrift
  • Humility
  • Charity
  • Sincerity
  • Moderation
  • Hard Work
  • Courage
  • Personal Responsibility
  • Friendship

The Nine Principles

1. America is good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

You Are Not Alone

If you agree with at least seven of those principles, then you are not alone. Please send a digital version of your picture to: wesurroundthem@foxnews.com and then stay tuned to the radio and television shows over the coming weeks to see how we intend to pull back the curtain.

Picture updates...

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/21018/?ck=1

Principles

1. America is good. (It could be better)

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life. (No, sorry that is not my religion)

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.  ( I am always as honest as I can be)

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government. (Indeed)

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it. (it would be nice it the law actually was blind)

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results. (Indeed)

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable. (indeed)

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion. (indeed)

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.(Indeed)

Shyt I fall one short oh darnit!

by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katie911
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:06 AM

I agreed with 9.  So I guess I am good. Or whatever.  I believe God should be the center of our lives and if our crappy government would let God be in our lives the America would be a great place!

mom_wrhsc
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 9:31 AM

I have read this on his site and thank you for sharing it. I personally like a lot of what Glen Beck discusses.

Wyldbutterfly
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2009 at 9:36 AM

I agree with EIGHT of them. I believe in God but I would be lieing if I said I go to church every Sunday and I will not force my belief on any one.

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Mar. 5, 2009 at 11:23 AM

*Sigh* I love Glenn Beck. 

You actually don't really fall short. 

You said it would be nice if the law was blind....he says justice is blind...do you agree that justice is blind or not?

Also...you always try to be as honest as you can be....but is there no room for improvement?

I believe that's what that statement means...I am always trying to improve. 

dr_m
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I think the values and principles in general are good, and American..  a lot are even universal...  Is it fox ?   I used to watch them, but become more aware that they are biased... well, okay i guess all the news are biased to a large extent..  that bothers me..

like this am, on fox, they showed a clip from David Letterman joking about Obama wanting ppl to buy stocks.. LOL..  it was funny..  he said something like.. yeah, if you have an extra dollar you might want to pick up a thousand or so shares of say... GM..  LOLLLLL   but the commentator only said oh is it the first time he criticised Obama ?  Give me a break !  It's humor, funny, and the late night hosts make fun of all of them...

Eilish
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:35 PM

The Nine Principles

1. America is good.

Re-phrase too - America's founding principles (ie. The Constitution, Bill or Rights, etc) are good and I am in agreement!

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.

Absolutely! Though I don't think it is mandatory for all in order to be "American."

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

Yes. I would be lieing if I said I was "ALWAYS as honest as I can be." ;-)

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

Yup. The only One sovereign over me is God!

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

Yup. Although this requires that we abolish laws that try to elevate certain people or groups of people. THAT is not justice. All people should be treated equally under the same law. There should NOT be excpetions based on collectivism.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

Yup.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

Yup.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

ABSOLUTELY. This is the purpose for the 1st AND 2nd Amendments - Dissent

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

Yup. And I am ready for some downsizing

myboy28
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:40 PM

st. patricks dayWe watch him, & absolutley enjoy the show. He points out a lot of things that are not right, & is not afraid to voice his "Freedom of Speech". Great post by the way. "Have a Great CM Day".

Lynnie (myboy28)

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/myboy28
sweetie00
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:50 PM

well, I'm a devil worshipper, and an American, so why can't the devil be the center of my life? And since when has the govt. taken God out of YOUR life????rolling on floor

Quoting Katie911:

I agreed with 9.  So I guess I am good. Or whatever.  I believe God should be the center of our lives and if our crappy government would let God be in our lives the America would be a great place!

sweetie00
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:58 PM

He has some great points, but his religious references totally negate any sense he might make.. He's just another mixer of religion and politics, so I ca't take him seriously. I suggest you watch Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann on MSNBC. Also Jon Stewart's Daily Show and The Colbert Report will put FIX news BS into perspective....dont buy into his/FIX news doom and gloom bullshyt.

dr_m
by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 2:20 PM

love COlbert report, has me laughing everytime..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)