Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

ok so i got nosey and read up on Glenn Beck and I came across this on his webpage and laughed but still thought I would share since I am sure there are many who would like to partake in it on this site if they have not already (see i think of others even when i dont agree with them).

WE Surround Them

March 4, 2009 - 23:48 ET

Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.
 We Surround Them-The Unveiling
 March 13th on FOX News 5pm ET

Host or Attend a Viewing Party

Sign up on meetup.com to join the WE Surround them Viewing Party. Where is your gathering taking place? Let us know. Click the ‘more details about this meet up’ link to leave your comment...

Radio stations participating in the We Surround Them gathering party

Find a Viewing Party
Click on your state to add/find a party near you.

Share this page with your friends and family...

Do you watch the direction that America is being taken in and feel powerless to stop it?

Do you believe that your voice isn’t loud enough to be heard above the noise anymore?

Do you read the headlines everyday and feel an empty pit in your stomach…as if you’re completely alone?

If so, then you’ve fallen for the Wizard of Oz lie. While the voices you hear in the distance may sound intimidating, as if they surround us from all sides—the reality is very different. Once you pull the curtain away you realize that there are only a few people pressing the buttons, and their voices are weak. The truth is that they don’t surround us at all.

We surround them.

So, how do we show America what’s really behind the curtain? Below are nine simple principles. If you believe in at least seven of them, then we have something in common. I urge you to read the instructions at the end for how to help make your voice heard.

12 Values
  • Honesty
  • Reverence
  • Hope
  • Thrift
  • Humility
  • Charity
  • Sincerity
  • Moderation
  • Hard Work
  • Courage
  • Personal Responsibility
  • Friendship

The Nine Principles

1. America is good.

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.

You Are Not Alone

If you agree with at least seven of those principles, then you are not alone. Please send a digital version of your picture to: wesurroundthem@foxnews.com and then stay tuned to the radio and television shows over the coming weeks to see how we intend to pull back the curtain.

Picture updates...

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/21018/?ck=1

Principles

1. America is good. (It could be better)

2. I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life. (No, sorry that is not my religion)

3. I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.  ( I am always as honest as I can be)

4. The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government. (Indeed)

5. If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it. (it would be nice it the law actually was blind)

6. I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results. (Indeed)

7. I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable. (indeed)

8. It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion. (indeed)

9. The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me.(Indeed)

Shyt I fall one short oh darnit!

by on Mar. 5, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Replies (21-25):
Da1nOnlyDestiny
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2009 at 12:21 AM

all i watch is MSNBC i actually looked him up today cause of another post that was put up spoke of him and I got curious lol

Quoting sweetie00:

He has some great points, but his religious references totally negate any sense he might make.. He's just another mixer of religion and politics, so I ca't take him seriously. I suggest you watch Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann on MSNBC. Also Jon Stewart's Daily Show and The Colbert Report will put FIX news BS into perspective....dont buy into his/FIX news doom and gloom bullshyt.

Da1nOnlyDestiny
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2009 at 12:25 AM

hsteele is right about this actually. which is why it boggles my mind that people want to drag religious views into everything. it is hard to do that when this country has roots everywhere not just a single root.

Quoting hsteele:

Quoting tealadyd:

I adore Glenn Beck and think he makes perfect sense. And, like it or not, religious views shape our political and world views.  That's why there's Jihad and the attempt to eliminate the state of Israel.  Political views based on religious views.  This country, like it or not, was founded on Judeo-Christian principals. And I don't have a problem with that.  I do have a problem if someone tries to take that away from me. I know there are some who think it's possible to separate religious views from political views.  Not so for me, as my God is the biggest and most important thing in my life. I know there are others who would agree.

Actually our foundign fathers were mostly deists. Not Christian. They believed in god, but that he was largely absent from the affairs of the world, definitely not the Christian view of god. I am not going to find a link, its in any ACCURATE history book.

Da1nOnlyDestiny
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2009 at 12:26 AM

lol after the ape issue wouldnt you be kind shy too? lol

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting dr_m:

I think the values and principles in general are good, and American..  a lot are even universal...  Is it fox ?   I used to watch them, but become more aware that they are biased... well, okay i guess all the news are biased to a large extent..  that bothers me..

like this am, on fox, they showed a clip from David Letterman joking about Obama wanting ppl to buy stocks.. LOL..  it was funny..  he said something like.. yeah, if you have an extra dollar you might want to pick up a thousand or so shares of say... GM..  LOLLLLL   but the commentator only said oh is it the first time he criticised Obama ?  Give me a break !  It's humor, funny, and the late night hosts make fun of all of them...

Actually they were comments on Morning Joe about the '"lack" of late night humor towards the President.    Any other POTUS they would be all over everything, now they are gun shy.. Hmm I wonder why ? 

supermom11995
by Member on Mar. 6, 2009 at 12:26 AM

I love Glenn Beck! 

tealadyd
by on Mar. 6, 2009 at 11:00 AM

In my lifetime, I have literally watched God get taken out of the classroom and be replaced with very anti-God sentiment. The history lessons we learned back when I was a kid have been replaced by new thinking and new ideas.  (Thus, real history has been replaced by new thinking.  Which means it isn't history anymore.  Just new thinking. ) I think it's sad that so many younger people do not have the same foundation that many of us who are older experienced when we were in school.  I WATCHED them change history!  Glenn Beck is trying to remind people of what our roots are.  Why does that trouble you? One possible book to read would be the Rewriting Of America's History by Catherine Milliard.  There are many others, but I would confess to you that I don't have a list of them in front of me right now.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)