Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Really? WTH is he thinking??

"This is it. These will be my final shows in London," Michael Jackson said Thursday in a rare public appearance before more than 1,500 screaming fans.
Enlarge image Enlarge By Stefan Wermuth, Reuters
"This is it. These will be my final shows in London," Michael Jackson said Thursday in a rare public appearance before more than 1,500 screaming fans.

By Cesar G. Soriano, special for USA TODAY
LONDON - Michael Jackson will perform 10 concerts in London this summer in a thrilling comeback aimed at restoring his tarnished King of Pop crown.

by on Mar. 6, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
cmarielin
by on Mar. 7, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Around 1500 isn't that big of a crowd, for the...what was it, the "King of Pop" that they called him?  So, after all his controversy, is he the "Former King of Pop" now?  lol  I don't know.  1500 is a huge step down for someone who was as popular as him. 

Yeah, after all the little kids he messed with, and watching some of his interveiws on tv, I wouldn't be interested in attending his concerts. 

CharmaineL
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Ugh, I hope that people do not purchase tickets.  He is so creepy.

sticking out tongue

dr_m
by on Mar. 7, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Quoting queenpmommy:

He has probally gone  through his money and this is how he thinks he will make some back

that's what i heard that he needs money..  although.. lol  .. i am sure he needs more than you or me or most of us here..    i think the concerts are a great idea, though..

PestPatti
by on Mar. 7, 2009 at 11:48 AM

I liked him when he was a member of  The Jackson 5.    That cute, sweet kid, grew up to be a raging nut ball...

JJTaylor
by Member on Mar. 7, 2009 at 1:41 PM

well, has has had some auctions for some of his personal effects from that property he has in California... Called Never Land?  (I think) before I go on, I was born in 1972, I grew up with listening to both him and his family, and they had some really great music way back "in the day" however, in the late '80's and into the '90's he fell completely off the deep end! 

He grew up in such a strange lifestyle and family and then went from there to his own "world" and lived so lavishly for so many years... he had tons of "yes" men around him for too long and no one wanted to tell him to grow up, pull your head out of your ass and wake up dummy!  He spent so much more then he ever had... he still holds property and things that are worth more then most of us... specially now will not see in our lifetimes... then he ran away to Dubai and lived off some of those rich oil jerks... then he got tired of them or they got tired of him... probably the latter and then he ran out of money and friends to support his strange lifestyle... so he has no choice. 

He's nuts... I am sick of hearing about him, I have no clue why he cannot wake up from this odd awful fog and realize he's not worth what the heck he thinks he is... if he was an intelligent rich guy he could still be sitting back and never having to ever work again a day in his life. 

I cannot stand the thought of him even making more money off so many that have daily struggles; he sickens me, and angers me that even during this horrible national economy he thinks he's worth enough to make one last comeback!  HA!  I hope he sells nothing and makes nothing... he deserves nothing more. 

And regardless if he got off on the several charges over the past 10+ years I still think he's done things that have been shady enough to cause criminal charges... if you are squeaky clean...then you will never make someone think anything less, he has done things IMO that would make me think and never ALLOW my child to ever be alone with him EVER!

justgg
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:27 PM

are you sure that was actually him?

i know he has been hiding out for awhile soo was that really him making that speech and not a imposter for him? cause when he turned around and left that was strange.........hell the whole one more time was strange but he was even stranger!!!!! 

chattymama92
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I'll admit I was a fan for a short period of time in my teens, but after all the things that have been in the news and the courts regarding him over the years since, I have absolutely no interest in anything to do with him. He's only "coming back" to make some money....I guess auctioning off his belongings isn't as lucrative as he thought it would be.

He makes me sick and IMO, he needs to go right back to Dubai and stay there. 

chattymama92
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:48 PM

Quoting JJTaylor:

well, has has had some auctions for some of his personal effects from that property he has in California... Called Never Land?  (I think) before I go on, I was born in 1972, I grew up with listening to both him and his family, and they had some really great music way back "in the day" however, in the late '80's and into the '90's he fell completely off the deep end! 

He grew up in such a strange lifestyle and family and then went from there to his own "world" and lived so lavishly for so many years... he had tons of "yes" men around him for too long and no one wanted to tell him to grow up, pull your head out of your ass and wake up dummy!  He spent so much more then he ever had... he still holds property and things that are worth more then most of us... specially now will not see in our lifetimes... then he ran away to Dubai and lived off some of those rich oil jerks... then he got tired of them or they got tired of him... probably the latter and then he ran out of money and friends to support his strange lifestyle... so he has no choice. 

He's nuts... I am sick of hearing about him, I have no clue why he cannot wake up from this odd awful fog and realize he's not worth what the heck he thinks he is... if he was an intelligent rich guy he could still be sitting back and never having to ever work again a day in his life. 

I cannot stand the thought of him even making more money off so many that have daily struggles; he sickens me, and angers me that even during this horrible national economy he thinks he's worth enough to make one last comeback!  HA!  I hope he sells nothing and makes nothing... he deserves nothing more. 

And regardless if he got off on the several charges over the past 10+ years I still think he's done things that have been shady enough to cause criminal charges... if you are squeaky clean...then you will never make someone think anything less, he has done things IMO that would make me think and never ALLOW my child to ever be alone with him EVER!

I agree!

goldenraysofsun
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:07 PM

goldenraysofsun
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I just simply can not support anyone or any artist or anything that is in any way related to child abuse. There are too many things that make me strongly feel he abused children. He is not a healthy person (mentally & emotionally) and that is very obvious.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)