Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Shocking new details on Brown's alleged beating of Rihanna - How can she stay with someone who beat her so badly?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:23 AM
  • 17 Replies

Singer Charged With Assault, Making Criminal Threats in Alleged Rihanna Beating

Chris Brown put off his arraignment for allegedly beating his pop star girlfriend Rihanna until next month during a court appearance where an open microphone recorded a snippet of conversation in which Brown and lawyers spoke candidly about the case.

The court appearance came as an affidavit emerged with new details on Brown's alleged beating of Rihanna.  The R&B singer appeared in Los Angeles Superior Court today along with his lawyer Mark Geragos and requested a continuance until April 6.

Looking dapper in a three-piece, charcoal suit, Brown, 19, provided the judge with one-word answers and gravely nodded when told he must not "annoy, harass, molest, threaten or use force or violence against anyone" between now and April 6.

Rihanna, 21, was not present at the hearing. Her attorney Donald Etra said, "Rihanna opposes a 'stay away' order and requested that no such order be issued."

Gruesome Details of Brown's Alleged Beating of Rihanna

Details of Brown's alleged beating of Rihanna finally emerged ahead of his court appearance.

Their Feb. 8 fight broke out after Rihanna read a three-page text message on Brown's phone from a woman, according to a search warrant and affidavit obtained by ABC News. An argument ensued and Brown tried to force Rihanna out of the car but was unable to because she was wearing her seat belt.

Brown then shoved Rihanna's head against the passenger window of his rented Lamborghini, causing an approximate one-inch raised circular contusion, according to the documents.

When Rihanna turned to face him, Brown allegedly punched her and then continued punching her while driving. The alleged assault caused her mouth to fill with blood and splattered blood all over her clothing and the interior of the car.

According to the documents, which identify Brown's accuser as "Robyn F." (Rihanna's real name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty), Brown then told her, "I'm going to beat the s--- out of you when we get home. You wait and see." Rihanna countered by calling an assistant's phone and saying, "I am on my way home. Make sure the cops are there when I get there."

After that, according to the documents, an enraged Brown warned Rihanna, "You just did the stupidest thing ever. I'm going to kill you." He allegedly continued punching Rihanna, who attempted to text message another personal assistant Melissa Ford. Brown snatched the phone out of her hand and threw it out the window of his car.

When Rihanna attempted to take Brown's cell phone from his lap, he placed her in a headlock and bit her ear -- all while continuing to steer the car with his left hand, according to the documents. He eventually stopped the vehicle and Rihanna removed the key from the ignition and sat on it, hiding it from Brown, who then allegedly began punching her in the face and arms again.

Brown put her in another headlock, according to the documents, this time applying so much pressure that she was unable to breathe and began to lose consciousness. She reached up with her left hand and attempted to gouge his eyes out, trying to free herself. Brown allegedly bit two of her fingers and then released her, only to continue punching her again.

Rihanna pushed her body against the passenger door and used her feet to push Brown away. Brown punched her feet and legs until she started screaming for help, at which point he exited the car and walked away, according to the documents.

A resident in the neighborhood heard Rihanna's cries and called 911. Once the police arrived, she was issued a domestic violence emergency protective order.

At approximately 1 a.m. Feb. 8, Brown called Ford as if nothing had happened, according to the police documents. Ford told Brown she had already talked to Rihanna and was aware of what had allegedly happened, adding that the neighbors had called police and that they were with Rihanna.

Brown asked Ford whether Rihanna told the cops his name; Ford said she had. Brown then hung up the phone and did not call back.

On Feb. 17, two days after issuing a statement through his press rep saying he was seeking help from a pastor, Brown texted Ford, apologizing for what he'd done to Rihanna and affirming he was getting help, according to documents.

Feel free to join us on these CafeMom Groups:
The CafeMom  Newcomers ClubThe CafeMom Newcomers Club     Current Events & Hot TopicsCurrent Events & Hot Topics  
Advice for MomsAdvice for Moms 
    Kids, Fun & Photos!Kids, Fun & Photos!   The Cafe @ CafeMomThe Cafe @ CafeMom

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kudoscass21
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM

wow, "wife beater".  I only wish we could know if the guys we date are going to do this,right? They should have to advertise it! LOL!

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:45 AM

She's stupid!

LoveMyEmiRose
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I DONT GET IT!!!!!!!  I know that being in an abusive relationship is hard to get out of from past personal experience, but come on Rihanna be smart!!!!  U can do it girl dont be a victim anymore!!!  I know hes said he wont beat her anymore OF COURSE HE SAID THAT, THEY ALL DO!  Wake up girl!

Sweet.Tea.71
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Violence makes me so mad. I've been in domestically violent situations before. She needs to press charges.  Nobody deserves to be treated like this. I hope she presses charges and he gets the maximum.

admckenzie
by New Member on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:19 AM

He'll convince her that it's her fault and that he really loves her and it will never happen again blah blah blah. Same ole same old. Some days I just get weary of it all but I remember living it. Now I ask myself wtf was i thinking? You just seem to want something to work so badly that you keep trying but you can't build a sound house with faulty materials. It will crumble every time. I hope she wises up soon. It only escalates. The next time he may kill her for sure.

chattymama92
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM

I left an abusive marriage only 8 days ago. I was with him for over 17 years. It's never easy to stay and it is frightening to leave. They fill your head with such crap...long before the beatings start, they've worn you down so much emotionally, the abused never knows which end is up. While my daughter and I are in a place now that is safe, I find myself staying awake at night, fearful that he will get out of jail, find me and make good of his threat to "finish me off".

People can judge all they want, but unless you've been there, who are you to say? And if you've been there and now find yourself pointing fingers, remember what it was like, when you were in the midst of it.

The only reason people care about this, is because she is a celeb. What about the women who are right now running for their lives or getting slammed up against windows, walls, etc?

Don't just talk about it as a form of amusement. Do something. And if you can't or won't do something to help abused women, then shut up.

dr_m
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 10:55 AM

When Rihanna turned to face him, Brown allegedly punched her and then continued punching her while driving. The alleged assault caused her mouth to fill with blood and splattered blood all over her clothing and the interior of the car

this is so disgusting..  i hope he gets locked up for assault.. he is dangerous...

sad

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Mar. 8, 2009 at 9:41 PM

Quoting LoveMyEmiRose:

I DONT GET IT!!!!!!!  I know that being in an abusive relationship is hard to get out of from past personal experience, but come on Rihanna be smart!!!!  U can do it girl dont be a victim anymore!!!  I know hes said he wont beat her anymore OF COURSE HE SAID THAT, THEY ALL DO!  Wake up girl!

Exactly!

Feel free to join us on these CafeMom Groups:

The CafeMom  Newcomers ClubThe CafeMom Newcomers Club     Current Events & Hot TopicsCurrent Events & Hot Topics  
Advice for MomsAdvice for Moms 
  Kids, Fun & Photos!Kids, Fun & Photos!   The Cafe @ CafeMomThe Cafe @ CafeMom

Brandie_xo
by Member on Mar. 9, 2009 at 9:05 AM

How can she stay with him? The same way all the other women who stay in abusive realtionships can.  They just happen to be in the spotlight.

I'm not saying I condone it, but sadly, its nothing that doesnt happen every single day.  Its sad, but you cant help people who dont want help, and it doesn't seem like she wants it.

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkBaby#2 Due Oct. 12

pregnancy due date

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Mar. 9, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Yup.  I've changed my "we don't know what happened" tune after these portions of the report were released.  I was wrong, wrong, wrong. 

Now....see....most women who wind up staying in abusive relationships have money as a factor...*he* controls the money....she isn't allowed to have a job, etc. 

We know Rihanna has money....

Now it's just about the emotions involved. 

Quoting Brandie_xo:

How can she stay with him? The same way all the other women who stay in abusive realtionships can.  They just happen to be in the spotlight.

I'm not saying I condone it, but sadly, its nothing that doesnt happen every single day.  Its sad, but you cant help people who dont want help, and it doesn't seem like she wants it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN