Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

North Korea threatens retaliation in event of interception

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 7:22 PM
  • 23 Replies

plans to launch satellite ..  hope to heck there is not a nuclear warhead on that satellite... they are sounding awfully defensive and aggressive...

N. Korea informs of satellite launch plans

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea has informed an international organization of plans to launch a satellite, the South Korean government told CNN Thursday.

South Koreans look at the USS John C. Stennis and the USS Blue Ridge in Busan Wednesday.

South Koreans look at the USS John C. Stennis and the USS Blue Ridge in Busan Wednesday.

The communist nation had notified the International Maritime Organization of its plans, said South Korean Ministry of Land and Transport, which did not say when the launch was scheduled to happen.

But Yonhap, South Korea's state-sponsored news agency, said it was slated for April 4 to 8, attributing the information to an intelligence official it did not name.

U.S. and South Korean officials have long said the communist nation is actually preparing to test-fire a long-range missile under the guise of a satellite launch.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/nkorea.launch/index.html

by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
athenax3
by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM

North Korea has long been a concern that we have been negligent in watching- our attention has clearly been elsewhere but we may pay for this lack of vigilance. North Korea has made open threats for some time now and I think they are watching to see if we deplete and expend ourselves in other endeavors so that they may have an opportunity to goad us while our morale, resources and funds are at their lowest.

dr_m
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Quoting athenax3:

North Korea has long been a concern that we have been negligent in watching- our attention has clearly been elsewhere but we may pay for this lack of vigilance. North Korea has made open threats for some time now and I think they are watching to see if we deplete and expend ourselves in other endeavors so that they may have an opportunity to goad us while our morale, resources and funds are at their lowest.

i hope nothing happens..  but i think our morale is good, just not our funds ... lol

ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I say flatten them and go back when the dust settles.

athenax3
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Quoting ellyc19111:

lol...I shouldn't laugh, but that was funny.

ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Quoting athenax3:

Quoting ellyc19111:

And why shouldn't you laugh?  I am! They'll be laughing at us whenever they accomplish whatever it is they're setting out to do!  Let's NIP 'em in the bud. NIP, get it?? hee hee

Mergath
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 6:16 PM
North Korea isn't actually going to launch a decent-sized attack on anyone. They know it, we know it, and they know that we know it. The North Korean government simply doesn't have the resources to defend itself from the inevitable counter-attack, and would be utterly destroyed. They simply use the threat of an attack to stay relevant in world politics. They are like a two-year-old child, screaming and stomping their feet when no one pays attention. Sadly, the only people who likely will get hurt are the civilian citizens of North Korea, who regularly starve to death so the government can use most of its budget to maintain its oversized military.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Quoting Mergath:

North Korea isn't actually going to launch a decent-sized attack on anyone. They know it, we know it, and they know that we know it. The North Korean government simply doesn't have the resources to defend itself from the inevitable counter-attack, and would be utterly destroyed. They simply use the threat of an attack to stay relevant in world politics. They are like a two-year-old child, screaming and stomping their feet when no one pays attention. Sadly, the only people who likely will get hurt are the civilian citizens of North Korea, who regularly starve to death so the government can use most of its budget to maintain its oversized military.

Who are you? A spokesman for the country? How is it YOU know so much about what they're 'gonna' do? It's our duty to figure out just exactly WHAT they're up to before they can put it into operation. Nobody needs another 911 OR pearl harbor. And as far as anybody starving to death, relax!  I'm sure there are plenty of cats and dogs running around they can snack on.

dr_m
by on Mar. 13, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Quoting ellyc19111:

Quoting athenax3:

Quoting ellyc19111:

And why shouldn't you laugh?  I am! They'll be laughing at us whenever they accomplish whatever it is they're setting out to do!  Let's NIP 'em in the bud. NIP, get it?? hee hee

that is exactiy what my dad would have said... he served in ww2,,,, this is not a nice idea, but well perhaps ... better SAFE,.   than.. u know what..

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 14, 2009 at 3:14 AM

I think this says different:

US President Barack Obama warned Thursday of "risks" from North Korea's missile plans and pledged to work with China to dismantle the Stalinist state's nuclear program, the White House said.

Quoting Mergath:

SophiaofLight
by Member on Mar. 14, 2009 at 5:08 AM

All these countries are just going to do what they want now because they are not scared of Obama.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)