Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

North Korea threatens retaliation in event of interception

Posted by   + Show Post

plans to launch satellite ..  hope to heck there is not a nuclear warhead on that satellite... they are sounding awfully defensive and aggressive...

N. Korea informs of satellite launch plans

SEOUL, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea has informed an international organization of plans to launch a satellite, the South Korean government told CNN Thursday.

South Koreans look at the USS John C. Stennis and the USS Blue Ridge in Busan Wednesday.

South Koreans look at the USS John C. Stennis and the USS Blue Ridge in Busan Wednesday.

The communist nation had notified the International Maritime Organization of its plans, said South Korean Ministry of Land and Transport, which did not say when the launch was scheduled to happen.

But Yonhap, South Korea's state-sponsored news agency, said it was slated for April 4 to 8, attributing the information to an intelligence official it did not name.

U.S. and South Korean officials have long said the communist nation is actually preparing to test-fire a long-range missile under the guise of a satellite launch.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/nkorea.launch/index.html

by on Mar. 12, 2009 at 7:22 PM
Replies (21-23):
ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Mar. 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Quoting dr_m:

Quoting ellyc19111:

Quoting athenax3:

Quoting ellyc19111:

I say flatten them and go back when the dust settles.

lol...I shouldn't laugh, but that was funny.

And why shouldn't you laugh?  I am! They'll be laughing at us whenever they accomplish whatever it is they're setting out to do!  Let's NIP 'em in the bud. NIP, get it?? hee hee

perhaps.. "truer things are said in jest "

They'll be laughing at us whenever they accomplish whatever it is they're setting out to do! 

you can bet they and a lot of the world will be laughing at us !      remember the people dancing and handing out candy to children, in celebration on 9/11 ..      i say, let us not be caught off guard again..  like Pearl Harbor, too..

Oh don't even remind me of that horrid day! That afternoon when they were dancing in the streets over there is the exact hour we should've gone over there and bombed their asses off.  Anybody left standing? Laugh at THIS ..KABOOOOM!

dr_m
by on Mar. 14, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Quoting ellyc19111:

Quoting dr_m:

Quoting ellyc19111:

Quoting athenax3:

Quoting ellyc19111:

I say flatten them and go back when the dust settles.

lol...I shouldn't laugh, but that was funny.

And why shouldn't you laugh?  I am! They'll be laughing at us whenever they accomplish whatever it is they're setting out to do!  Let's NIP 'em in the bud. NIP, get it?? hee hee

perhaps.. "truer things are said in jest "

They'll be laughing at us whenever they accomplish whatever it is they're setting out to do! 

you can bet they and a lot of the world will be laughing at us !      remember the people dancing and handing out candy to children, in celebration on 9/11 ..      i say, let us not be caught off guard again..  like Pearl Harbor, too..

Oh don't even remind me of that horrid day! That afternoon when they were dancing in the streets over there is the exact hour we should've gone over there and bombed their asses off.  Anybody left standing? Laugh at THIS ..KABOOOOM!

i know.      

sad               devil

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 15, 2009 at 1:37 PM

http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/missiles/Obama_warns_of_risks_from_North_Korea_s_missile_program160017341.php

http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/NEWKHSITE/data/html_dir/2009/03/13/200903130118.asp

I actually found the info on France 24 but what I posted was all they cited the above sites have more.

Quoting gogetem:

Uh, oh...  Do you have a link for that?

Quoting stormcris:

I think this says different:

US President Barack Obama warned Thursday of "risks" from North Korea's missile plans and pledged to work with China to dismantle the Stalinist state's nuclear program, the White House said.

Quoting Mergath:

North Korea isn't actually going to launch a decent-sized attack on anyone. They know it, we know it, and they know that we know it. The North Korean government simply doesn't have the resources to defend itself from the inevitable counter-attack, and would be utterly destroyed. They simply use the threat of an attack to stay relevant in world politics. They are like a two-year-old child, screaming and stomping their feet when no one pays attention. Sadly, the only people who likely will get hurt are the civilian citizens of North Korea, who regularly starve to death so the government can use most of its budget to maintain its oversized military.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured