Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The leader of the pack. . .Fox News captured the top spot in its time slot, according to the latest Nielsen findings.

What are your thoughts on Fox News? Do you think the network covers the news in a fair and balanced way?

Does it deserve its nickname, 'Faux News'?

by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 8:37 PM
Replies (81-90):
mccainiac
by on Mar. 25, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Quoting Mergath:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Even the terrorists hate Fox.....hmmm I wonder why??? They speak the truth. Bill O'Reilly & Sean Hannity have both received many death threats due to their condemnation of terrorism. I had the article from the USA Today paper from a few yrs. ago. The FBI personally visited Fox to warn Bill & Sean concerning this~

Fox News doesn't condemn terrorism. It condemns anyone of middle eastern descent. And contrary to what most republicans think, there is a difference.

That is, by far, the most narrow-minded thing I've read in a long time. Not surprised, however, coming from someone who thinks the BBC is not biased and blames Murdoch for the evils of the world.

Let me guess, you're a Michael Moore fan? Please remove the tin foil hat.

lilyrose73
by on Mar. 25, 2009 at 9:42 AM

Quoting mccainiac:

Quoting Mergath:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Even the terrorists hate Fox.....hmmm I wonder why??? They speak the truth. Bill O'Reilly & Sean Hannity have both received many death threats due to their condemnation of terrorism. I had the article from the USA Today paper from a few yrs. ago. The FBI personally visited Fox to warn Bill & Sean concerning this~

Fox News doesn't condemn terrorism. It condemns anyone of middle eastern descent. And contrary to what most republicans think, there is a difference.

That is, by far, the most narrow-minded thing I've read in a long time. Not surprised, however, coming from someone who thinks the BBC is not biased and blames Murdoch for the evils of the world.

Let me guess, you're a Michael Moore fan? Please remove the tin foil hat.

I agree.  The only narrow minded ones are the Liberals.  My MIL is a Muslim from the middle east... and guess what... both her and my husband are Republicans...and watch FOX news LMAO...

Dzyre1115
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Quoting Mergath:

Quoting blondekosmic15:

That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever read on CafeMom, and there have been some real winners.  "I'm a Republican therefore a biggot".  Here's another Cafemommer that falls under the "some people should just have been born mute or in the case of the internet, without fingers", category!!!

Mergath
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2009 at 1:14 PM
Quoting Dzyre1115:

That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever read on CafeMom, and there have been some real winners. "I'm a Republican therefore a biggot". Here's another Cafemommer that falls under the "some people should just have been born mute or in the case of the internet, without fingers", category!!!

Have you ever actually watched Fox News? Their commentators regularly assume that everyone from the middle east is a terrorist, just as they like to assume that all Mexicans living in the US are illegal immigrants. They aren't exactly known for their commitment to diversity.
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

lilyrose73
by on Mar. 25, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Quoting Mergath:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever read on CafeMom, and there have been some real winners. "I'm a Republican therefore a biggot". Here's another Cafemommer that falls under the "some people should just have been born mute or in the case of the internet, without fingers", category!!!

Have you ever actually watched Fox News? Their commentators regularly assume that everyone from the middle east is a terrorist, just as they like to assume that all Mexicans living in the US are illegal immigrants. They aren't exactly known for their commitment to diversity.

Lady... you are dilusional.  Stop reading the Daily KOS and listening to Rachel Maddow.

sweetie00
by on Mar. 25, 2009 at 2:54 PM

you are absolutely right, Mergath.

Quoting Mergath:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 25, 2009 at 2:58 PM

I'm getting a kick out of reading all these replies!   :)

LOL

Wife of a Marine - Mommy to a Little Prince

& Expecting a Princess in May!                

Dzyre1115
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2009 at 9:39 PM

Quoting Mergath:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Let me ask you the same question because I watch all day everyday, same channel, Fox News from Brian, Gretchen and Steve at the crack of dawn until sometimes as late as Red Eye depending on the sleeping habits of my kids that night.  As a matter of fact I'm watching Hannity right now complain about PC BS in public schools.  I have yet to hear anyone on the station in all of the years that I have watched obsessively ever say that all Muslims are terrorists.  You took out your original quote and I truly don't wonder why, if anyone is a bigot it's you stating that all Republicans are bigots.  Ridiculous!!!

dr_m
by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Quoting Mergath:

Quoting stretcht:

I've never heard that term. Sounds new. Sounds made up, not a very intelligent arguement for or against Fox.  Fox has always had a good reputation for being fair and balanced. If you watch, you'll realize the format and questioning is just that-neutral. Both sides-for that matter ALL sides represented. I am a newsie and a journalism major. Its one of only three news channels worth getting unbiased information and facts about whats happening around the world.

Oh, please. Nothing owned by Rupert Murdoch is unbiased. Do a little research.

i used to watch it more...   and actually didn't realise how but biased they are, it can be deceptive..  i usually watched fox and friends in the morning..  some of the snippets are neutral, yes, but ..  watch out, there are curved, spin balls..  they come at ya... 

now i see the over all picture..... 

PamR
by Pam on Mar. 26, 2009 at 11:53 AM
It's good for a laugh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN