Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Involuntary Servitude Being Reinstated in Violation of 13th Amendment and YOU won't have the right to protest.

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:10 PM
  • 136 Replies
Mar. 19, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Involuntary Servitude Being Reinstated in Violation of 13th Amendment

Comments (2)
The House passed a bill yesterday which includes disturbing language indicating young people will be forced to undertake mandatory national service programs as fears about President Barack Obama’s promised “civilian national security force” intensify. The Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act, known as the GIVE Act, was passed yesterday by a 321-105 margin and now goes to the Senate. Under section 6104 of the bill, entitled “Duties,” in subsection B6, the legislation states that a commission will be set up to investigate, “Whether a workable, fair, and...
by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shervert1
by Member on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:14 PM

ahhhhh welcome to communism, it's gonna be a looooong 4 yrs!

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:23 PM

ITA

Quoting shervert1:

ahhhhh welcome to communism, it's gonna be a looooong 4 yrs!

im a non vaxxing/cloth diapering/full term breastfeeding sahm who is wanting another but waiting/WoW addicted momma to a 2yr old princess
army_wife2000
by Member on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:25 PM

In Missouri, evidently a domestic terrorism bill was also passed and profiling will be allowed to be used.  I don't have exact wording on this but I'm told that if you get stopped by a police officer, he is to take into consideration any NRA or other paraphanalia on your vehicle that may be anti-Obama.  I just think all  of this is scary and I want his 4 years to go quickly! 

Crazy 1

Eilish
by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Please do not talk yourself out of contacting your Senators on this one. It is much easier to kill a bill than abolish a law. I have included a sample letter; it's time to contact your Senators and tell them "No."

Do not let yourselves become enslaved! This is YOUR government, take it back!

mamaoftwins9197
by Member on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Where I live, kids are already required to do a certain number of "voluntary" community service hours in order to graduate from high school.  That has been going on since WAY before Obama became president...since about 1996 or 1997...I know they started it soon after I graduated in 1995.  This doesn't sound much different than that.

mamaoftwins9197
by Member on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Because of the Patriot Act, profiling is already allowed to be used and it happens to hundreds of Middle Easterns every single day...how is this any different?

Quoting army_wife2000:

In Missouri, evidently a domestic terrorism bill was also passed and profiling will be allowed to be used.  I don't have exact wording on this but I'm told that if you get stopped by a police officer, he is to take into consideration any NRA or other paraphanalia on your vehicle that may be anti-Obama.  I just think all  of this is scary and I want his 4 years to go quickly! 

Eilish
by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

Where I live, kids are already required to do a certain number of "voluntary" community service hours in order to graduate from high school.  That has been going on since WAY before Obama became president...since about 1996 or 1997...I know they started it soon after I graduated in 1995.  This doesn't sound much different than that.

What you don't seem to understand is that the federal government making it MANDATORY qualifies as "involuntary servitude" and is a DIRECT violation of the 13th Amendment! Furthermore, making it illegal to protest this is a DIRECT violation of the 1st Amendment!

I have no problem with community service and volunteering, but I have a problem with the government mandating this! IT IS A VIOLATION OF THE US CONSTITUTION AND IS ILLEGAL!!!!

Eilish
by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

Because of the Patriot Act, profiling is already allowed to be used and it happens to hundreds of Middle Easterns every single day...how is this any different?

Quoting army_wife2000:

BOTH are wrong!!!

dr_m
by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

community service is a good thing, imo...  thanks for your input  ..  yes, it was in place before.. it's not "communism"   LOL

Eilish
by on Mar. 19, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Quoting dr_m:

Quoting mamaoftwins9197:

community service is a good thing, imo...  thanks for your input  ..  yes, it was in place before.. it's not "communism"   LOL

MANDATORY "community service" is NOT voluntary (it's an oxymoran) ... it is slavery!!! What part do you not get about this! And we will be forbidden to protest it!!! That violates the 1st Amendment. Why are you not outraged by this?!?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)