Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Free Kids on Craigslist: Funny or Sick?

I saw this in CafeMom's Daily Buzz:

Free Kids on Craigslist: Funny or Sick?

March 19, 2009 at 7:03 AM by Cafe Cynthia

free kids ad on craigslist

You can find the strangest things on craigslist. I often browse the online want ad site for pure entertainment purposes.

And every once in a while, you'll get some smart alec posting about selling or giving away children.

Recently one CafeMom found this craigslist ad for free kids posted by someone named "Marietta," which may or may not be so funny, in your own view:

"A bundle of kids I'm willing to get rid of. They aren't hard workers, and are very immature. They are between 3 and -- s**t, I'm not sure how old the oldest is. IDK, maybe 12. Come pick em up!"

Okay, we'd all like to think this was a joke, and it probably is. This woman (if she even is female) probably doesn't even have kids. Or maybe she does and were just having a bad day -- this was her own way of venting to feel better.

But, I wonder. If they were intending to be funny, wouldn't they have tried to make it a tad more humorous than that? Because Ricky Gervais she ain't.

Feel free to join us on these CafeMom Groups:

The CafeMom  Newcomers ClubThe CafeMom Newcomers Club     Current Events & Hot TopicsCurrent Events & Hot Topics  
Advice for MomsAdvice for Moms 
  Kids, Fun & Photos!Kids, Fun & Photos!   The Cafe @ CafeMomThe Cafe @ CafeMom

by on Mar. 20, 2009 at 12:23 PM
Replies (21-21):
jalex
by on Mar. 25, 2009 at 2:15 PM

It was a joke, no big deal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)