Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Israeli T-shirts raise ire

Some soldiers to be disciplined

JERUSALEM — Israel’s military condemned soldiers for wearing T-shirts of a pregnant woman in a rifle’s cross-hairs with the slogan "1 Shot 2 Kills,” and another of a gun-toting child with the words, "The smaller they are, the harder it is.”

The T-shirts were worn by some Israeli Defense Force soldiers to mark the end of basic training and other military courses, the newspaper Haaretz said.

The appearance of the T-shirts followed allegations of misconduct by Israeli troops during the three-week Gaza war. Palestinian officials say about 1,400 Palestinians were killed, most of them civilians. Thirteen Israelis died, three of them civilians.

The army said it would not tolerate the T-shirts and would take disciplinary action against the soldiers involved, but it was not clear how many wore the shirts.

The shirts were not manufactured or sanctioned by the military. Their existence was first reported Friday by Haaretz and later on broadcasts by Israeli radio and television.

Few in the Palestinian territories appeared to be aware of the T-shirts. In Gaza, Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum said it "reflects the brutal mentality among the Zionist soldiers and the Zionist society.”

Feel free to join us on these CafeMom Groups:

The CafeMom  Newcomers ClubThe CafeMom Newcomers Club     Current Events & Hot TopicsCurrent Events & Hot Topics  
Advice for MomsAdvice for Moms 
  Kids, Fun & Photos!Kids, Fun & Photos!   The Cafe @ CafeMomThe Cafe @ CafeMom

by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Replies (11-14):
luckcharm
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2009 at 4:08 PM

Quoting forsythia_18:

I just don't understand why this shirt would be manufactured to support a HOLY war.  They are fighting over HOLY land.  The war has been going on for so long, I think both sides are losing sight of their RELIGIONS which is critical in a HOLY war.  (sigh)

I don't think this war has been about religion in a long time... now all its about is hate.

blondekosmic15
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Quoting luckcharm:

Quoting forsythia_18:

I just don't understand why this shirt would be manufactured to support a HOLY war.  They are fighting over HOLY land.  The war has been going on for so long, I think both sides are losing sight of their RELIGIONS which is critical in a HOLY war.  (sigh)

I don't think this war has been about religion in a long time... now all its about is hate.

I do not condone the T-shirts by any means but Hamas has no room of decency to criticize when they use their innocent Palestinian ppl. for human shields & their precious children to train as suicide bombers!

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2009 at 5:08 PM

What sick, sick t-shirts.

hsteele
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Quoting Biancas_mommy:

Yeah it's really sad...but when a prego women looking like that blow YOU up...you then start to agree with the t-shirt...we live in a messed up a world...they now make a t-shirt mocking how bad it really is.  wow.  DH is a heavy metal fan and has a shirt that has Charles Manson on it and says Cincinnati hardcore (Manson grew up in nasty nati)

It should never be agreed with. The brainwashing that these children and women are subject to is sad and horrifying.  Being proud of killing anyone is wrong. But children and women? It is an unfortunate thing that soldiers have to deal with and shouldn't be a joke. The fact that anyone considers it funny or appropriate is disgusting.

Heather

Proud Pagan Mama

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN