Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A twist on vaccines and autism

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 5:33 PM
  • 71 Replies

So, Ive always been a mom who is like why in the world wouldnt someone get their child vaccinated... and I couldn't really put my finger on why, I just know that she will get her vaccines... because I don't see the connection between autism and vaccines. If there was really that great of a chance of getting autism JUST because of vaccines, they wouldnt be fda approved.

Anyway, lets say there WAS/IS an increased chance of your child getting autism because of the vaccines. If they don't get the vaccines there IS a chance of DEATH. Would you rather have a DEAD child or an AUTISTIC one?

As for me, I'll take my chances with autism, I prefer my children alive.

by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOnLI
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM

my child is on the autism spectrum (ASD) and i do NOT link them to his vaccines.  he was delayed in all his vaccines and only got 1 live shot at a time.

i noticed DS had delays as young as 4 months and expressed my concerns to his pediatrician, and we always waitied on his vaccines to see if he would catch up, and when he did to some extent we would get him his shot (yes shot, i did 1 at a time).

DS was DXed at 18 months with ASD and we had still not even given him his MMR (which is what they say causes autism) and i knew at 12 months he was ASD.

Wiifeytype1025
by Member on Mar. 24, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Another reason i dont understand the connection with autism and vaccines.

Plenty of kids are diagnosed who've not been vaccinated or like your child selective/delayed vac'ing. If that was the CAUSE, kids could only get it from that, and all kids who get the vacc. would get it.

I guess the argument is lost on me.

Eilish
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:02 PM

The threat of autism is not the one and only reason why parents (like myself) refuse to vaccinate their kids. In fact, MOST of us are not anti-vaccine. We are actually anti-what they put in vaccines. I am opposed to the gargantuan list of chemicals that are put into vaccines, that the human body is not designed to handle. A virus, bacteria, or even a fungus, the immune system is designed to handle. Those of who do not vaccinate use other means to build up our children's immune systems via proper diet - whole, organic, non-processed/manufactured food, coupled with the use of herbal medicinals help improve the bodies immune system far better than any vaccine on the market.

You probably are also not aware that those of who choose not to vaccinate are highly educated people. We have done our research. We have university degrees in medicine, science, law, etc. We are also people who have no reason to trust our government and the agencies that they have created.

Your perspective is not a "twist" on the vaccine debate, but rather a tired argument spewed by the pharmaceutical companies who make money off of those "precious" vaccines.

So to answer your question, would I rather have a dead child or an autistic .... I would prefer a healthy child who doesn't have chemicals injected into her body for the purpose of making unethical pharmaceutical tycoons wealthy!

PamR
by Pam on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:13 PM
The consequences of widespread refusal to vaccinate could be devastating. There are very few cases of the diseases we vaccinate against because so few children go without the vaccine. I understand the concern of some people about vaccinating, but I think that some of it is unfounded.
Eilish
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Quoting PamR:

The consequences of widespread refusal to vaccinate could be devastating. There are very few cases of the diseases we vaccinate against because so few children go without the vaccine. I understand the concern of some people about vaccinating, but I think that some of it is unfounded.

Really, I mean have you researched it? Many of us have taken more than a year to research this topic BECAUSE we are concerned for the health and safety of our children. One of the things I learned ....? Ever heard of "correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation?" Well it applies here. Take scarlet fever for example. That was a terrible disease that went away WITHOUT a vaccine for it. Why? Because of improvements in sanitation and indoor plumbing. The same thing is likely true for the other diseases that we HAVE vaccines for.

Before I went into the Air Force, I never got a flu shot, and also RARELY got the flu. After joining, I was FORCED to get a flu shot and each time I also got the flu. **Yeah, vaccines work alright**

Do you know about the history of the Jews? They had to follow a diet prescribed by God. Most people chalk this up to pure legalism, but did you also know that when disease epidemics hit the world, the Jews didn't get sick from it? During the time of the bubonic plague in Europe the ONLY ones not affected (at least to the extent that everyone else was) were the Jews, and it had everything to do with the diet they ate. 

ANYBODY who refuses to vaccinate must build their child's immune system with diet.

Wiifeytype1025
by Member on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:41 PM

As opposed to us vaccinating mothers, who are what, idiots? There are just as many successful, intelligent mothers who do the research and choose TO vaccinate.

Not vaccinating is on the same level as smoking around others. You're choosing to not vaccinate which could put MY child at a higher risk if YOURS gets sick from not vacc'ing. Just the same as people who smoke around me when I choose NOT to die of lung cancer... but I get put at risk because of their choice.

Quoting Eilish:

The threat of autism is not the one and only reason why parents (like myself) refuse to vaccinate their kids. In fact, MOST of us are not anti-vaccine. We are actually anti-what they put in vaccines. I am opposed to the gargantuan list of chemicals that are put into vaccines, that the human body is not designed to handle. A virus, bacteria, or even a fungus, the immune system is designed to handle. Those of who do not vaccinate use other means to build up our children's immune systems via proper diet - whole, organic, non-processed/manufactured food, coupled with the use of herbal medicinals help improve the bodies immune system far better than any vaccine on the market.

You probably are also not aware that those of who choose not to vaccinate are highly educated people. We have done our research. We have university degrees in medicine, science, law, etc. We are also people who have no reason to trust our government and the agencies that they have created.

Your perspective is not a "twist" on the vaccine debate, but rather a tired argument spewed by the pharmaceutical companies who make money off of those "precious" vaccines.

So to answer your question, would I rather have a dead child or an autistic .... I would prefer a healthy child who doesn't have chemicals injected into her body for the purpose of making unethical pharmaceutical tycoons wealthy!

Eilish
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:55 PM

Quoting Wiifeytype1025:

As opposed to us vaccinating mothers, who are what, idiots? There are just as many successful, intelligent mothers who do the research and choose TO vaccinate.

Not vaccinating is on the same level as smoking around others. You're choosing to not vaccinate which could put MY child at a higher risk if YOURS gets sick from not vacc'ing. Just the same as people who smoke around me when I choose NOT to die of lung cancer... but I get put at risk because of their choice.

rolling on floor

Statements like this are precisely the reason why I do not believe you have not done an ounce of research .... at least anywhere but CDC, FDA, and pharmaceutical companies.

My background is in Medical Laboratory Science ... this means I KNOW how diseases are spread on a molecular level. And considering the fact those who get vaccinated HAVE the disease in their body and those who don't get vaccinated, do not, just shows how ignorant this statement is. YOUR children are actually much more likely to spread the disease than mine.

PamR
by Pam on Mar. 24, 2009 at 7:01 PM
Polio? Hepatitis B? Whooping cough? Tetanus? These will go away by themselves?
Eilish
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Quoting PamR:

Polio? Hepatitis B? Whooping cough? Tetanus? These will go away by themselves?

Uhhhh .... did you not read my post??? How about proper hygiene, sanitation, and diet all help in keeping you (and your children) from getting sick from these diseases.

gogetem
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2009 at 7:23 PM

You don't seem very educated.

NEXT!  Anyone in here with educated opinions???  ANYONE?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured