Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Obama, Overexposed?

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:29 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: Is the President overexposed?

Options:

Yes, he's on TV too much

No, we're in a crisis and it's important to know what's going on

Not sure, but I just change the channel or turn off the TV when I've had enough

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

For the most part, I think it's great that President Obama has kept to his word on having a more transparent administration.  However, it seems he is on television almost every single day.  Granted, he got some flack for the Leno appearance, and the 60 Minutes interview was timely in light of the AIG debacle, but later on tonight, will be making a prime time appearance (his second) to speak about his economic plan.

But, is it necessary for all these televised appearances?  Is it overkill? Do they allay fears or encourage them?

by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:31 PM

I don't really mind all the TV appearances. He's keeping the public informed of what he's thinking. Perhaps that's the kind of president he wants to be.

Kairi holding easter egg

MommyOnLI
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:37 PM

this is what happens when people elect a "celebrity" per se into the oval office with NO real politcal experience.

we all have our own opions on this man.. and i will leave it at that...

sassyandy124
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:43 PM

He is  trying to use is popularity with the people to force through his agenda. He thinks if he appeals to Americans drectly he will get his way. More and more people are getting sick of his lies and hypocrisy, so I suppose he wants to take advantage while he can.

Those who can't get behind our troops should feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!

blondekosmic15
I love the Fall. Chill in the air decorated w/ bronze leaves & holidays approaching~
Tuesday at 9:49 PM
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Quoting sassyandy124:

He is  trying to use is popularity with the people to force through his agenda. He thinks if he appeals to Americans drectly he will get his way. More and more people are getting sick of his lies and hypocrisy, so I suppose he wants to take advantage while he can.

Yes, I agree.....he's fully aware that many Americans are beginning to vision the TRUTH concerning his inability to govern. The likeminded advisors surrounding him only gives more credence to his monumental inexperience as a national leader etc. etc......

blondekosmic15
I love the Fall. Chill in the air decorated w/ bronze leaves & holidays approaching~
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Quoting MommyOnLI:

this is what happens when people elect a "celebrity" per se into the oval office with NO real politcal experience.

we all have our own opions on this man.. and i will leave it at that...

ditto.....

realtorshelly
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 7:22 PM

When I'd first read the title of this post, I  was thinking he was posing for Playgirl now. *cringes*

Well, he can't make a speech when the stock market is open or it will plunge. So, prime time will suffice. The networks are losing valuable advertising dollars. Oh well...he's very "stimulating".

I'd like to see him speak off the cuff, without his trusty teleprompter.

Personally, I've had Obama Fatigue since Jan 20th.

sticking out tongue

blondekosmic15
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Quoting realtorshelly:

When I'd first read the title of this post, I  was thinking he was posing for Playgirl now. *cringes*

Well, he can't make a speech when the stock market is open or it will plunge. So, prime time will suffice. The networks are losing valuable advertising dollars. Oh well...he's very "stimulating".

I'd like to see him speak off the cuff, without his trusty teleprompter.

Personally, I've had Obama Fatigue since Jan 20th.

sticking out tongue

Me too.......we will be in a deep slumber by 2012! ZEEEEEEZ~

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 24, 2009 at 8:52 PM

You should add a poll.  :)

As for my opinion...  I think keeping the country informed is great when you are having news conferences and addressing questions...  But going on Leno was a stupid decision. 

He seems to think he is a celebrity and that gets on my nerves...

Wife of a Marine - Mommy to a Little Prince

& Expecting a Princess in May!                

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 24, 2009 at 8:55 PM

And just to add....

I am watching the News Conference right now.  He is stuttering ridiculously (I guess he doesn't have his teleprompter today).  He can't give a straight answer to save his life (he keeps beating around the actual questions and repeating the same thing over and over again).  And he keeps repeating that "well the republicans in congress, well Bush, well Reagan, well blah blah blah"...  don't go blaming everything on everyone else when you can't take the heat...  and stop blaming the republicans when we all know that the DEMOCRATS were in charge of Congress when the greatest mishaps were accomplished...

OMG.... HA HA HA     He just said naughty when referring to energy use...  LOL 
Sorry but that was great...   HA HA HA HA HA HA

Wife of a Marine - Mommy to a Little Prince

& Expecting a Princess in May!                

blondekosmic15
by on Mar. 24, 2009 at 9:12 PM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

And just to add....

I am watching the News Conference right now.  He is stuttering ridiculously (I guess he doesn't have his teleprompter today).  He can't give a straight answer to save his life (he keeps beating around the actual questions and repeating the same thing over and over again).  And he keeps repeating that "well the republicans in congress, well Bush, well Reagan, well blah blah blah"...  don't go blaming everything on everyone else when you can't take the heat...  and stop blaming the republicans when we all know that the DEMOCRATS were in charge of Congress when the greatest mishaps were accomplished...

OMG.... HA HA HA     He just said naughty when referring to energy use...  LOL 
Sorry but that was great...   HA HA HA HA HA HA

Exactly.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)