Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

NFL player and the police with MIL dying!

Posted by   + Show Post

Police delayed NFL player as relative died

Dallas Morning News - â€Ž6 hours ago‎
AP A Dallas police officer who detained an NFL player in a hospital parking lot despite his pleas that his mother-in-law was dying inside has been placed on ...

by on Mar. 26, 2009 at 10:18 PM
Replies (21-24):
pcolovesfall
by Member on Mar. 29, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Well said!!

I agree, she's been in the hospital for a while, so why were'nt they already there. I hear this  so often on the phone from people wanting clearance, permission to speed. and this is so often the excuse, One lady said her father  was dying and  had been in the hospital a few days, but she couldn't get away, your father is dying and you can't get away? I'm guessing it really wasn't that important to you!!

You have to remember that the truthfulness of his statement came later. The police officer had ONLY this man's word, and that of his passengers at the time. He and his passengers were loud, abrasive, and moving around after they were told not to. This is the kind of situation police are TAUGHT to be VERY careful of, because you can't KNOW what the people are going to do. Sure they could be telling the truth, they could also be lying and have a gun. You just don't know, so you have to take precautions. The police DO have a right to protect themselves against posible threats. The man ran a red light. That is very serious. He could have caused an accident, or killed someone that was crossing the street. I wonder if people would be so sympathetic if he had? I have been in situations where I was rushing to the hospital for an emergency. I understand it is stressful and scary. However it does NOT give you carte' blanche' to put other people's lives at risk. Here is another thought. If his wife was SOOOOO concerned about her mother, and she was already IN the hospital for breast cancer, WHY wasn't the family WITH her already????? Things that make you go HMMMMMM.....

jmarye
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Put  yourself in that family shoes.  Do you know all the facts as far as the family situation was. Maybe they had just left the hospital earlier and called back to the hospital.   Stuff in real life does happen like that.  Things that make me go hmmm, would be me knowing all the circumstances before I judged that situation.  People are so onesided and judgemental when it comes to certain things.  Was he wrong to run the light? Of course he was. Was the officer wrong?  I would like to think so.  I didnt see all that attitude that some say the nfl player had.  Exactly how would you act if you were in the sitution?   Well I can't say how I would act never been in their shoes on either side.  But I do think that the cop was an absolute jerk.

misshopemarie08
by New Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM

yeah, who cares if they are football players, the cops didnt have to keep him there tho, how would you feel if it was your family dying and the cop wouldnt let you in? all ive heard about it was from my boyfriend, and i think its pretty shitty, they couldve let him go in, and then write up his tickets and shit AFTER he saw his dying mom, it would be like a pregnant woman going into labor and the cop would make you sit there and wait for him to write out the tickets, its against the law.

Quoting sassyandy124:

I really wish we would let cops do their job. Who gives a shit if it was an "NFL player"? Is that supposed to make it ok? Are they supposed to get a free pass? You know what makes this pathetic? If the cop had let him off, the SAME people bitching about how 'bad' the cop is, would have been bitching that he let off a NFL player. Anyone can say ANYTHING, and  they do especially when they have been pulled over. That guy was abrasive and rude. No wonder the cop went on the offensive with him. "He pointed his gun at me" HAHAHAHAHA Whatever.

sassyandy124
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Quoting erimar2:

Things that make you go HMMMMMM....should have known a person who think like you would think like this!.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yes, because you know me so well, you know exactly how I think. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Those who can't get behind our troops should feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN