Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

slim fast

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 2:14 AM
  • 16 Replies

has anyone ever done slim fast? know anyone?

by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hsteele
by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 2:45 AM

I used to be addicted to their milk chocolate powder mix. I would have it with fat free soy milk. It was so delicious. But it wasn't really a good diet choice since like I said, I was addicted for the taste and "snacked" on them all the time. lol

Heather

Proud Pagan Mama

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin~

3timesoccermom
by Member on Mar. 29, 2009 at 3:49 AM

I bought some several months ago and found it disgusting.  A lot of people like it though, at least enough to do it for a while.

hsteele
by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Quoting 3timesoccermom:

I bought some several months ago and found it disgusting.  A lot of people like it though, at least enough to do it for a while.

It was actually just one flavor, Milk Chocolate, and it had to be in powder form. The premade in cans was disgusting.

Heather

Proud Pagan Mama

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin~

mayzell
by Member on Mar. 29, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I love the cappuccino and strawberry have been drinking them for two months and lost 11 pounds

dr_m
by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I only liked one specific peanut chocolate bar, but it was addictive too.. lol   I didn't like the others !   It did help though, maybe i will try it again

ashleehoward
by Member on Mar. 29, 2009 at 2:25 PM

I like the chocolate drink in the can,but it has to be pretty much freezing cold for me to drink it

pcolovesfall
by Member on Mar. 29, 2009 at 6:00 PM

I drink the french vanilla, its yummy very cold with bananas. Doesn't last very long though.

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Yep. Been there, done that! The shakes tasted fine to me but don't expect some grand weight loss w/o exercising your butt off. I don't know any "diet" that truly works and keeps weight off other than getting your diet in check (and I'm talking really in check) and exercising properly. Good luck!

ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 1:16 PM

I for the life of me could never figure out how a person who consumed x amounts of calories a day and was used to solid food could possibly be satisfied with just a shake for 2 meals. Is it because the stuff tastes like total shit so it makes you nauseous for a couple hours after that does the trick? Seems if you can be satisfied with nothing but a shake then there's no reason for you to have to overeat without it. Never tried it because it made no sense.

tgiamt
by Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 1:23 PM
Yea, I loved that one too! Except I'd put it in a blender with chocolate soy milk and peanut butter and make me a shake. lol

Quoting hsteele:

I used to be addicted to their milk chocolate powder mix. I would have it with fat free soy milk. It was so delicious. But it wasn't really a good diet choice since like I said, I was addicted for the taste and "snacked" on them all the time. lol

T.G.I.A.M.T.. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN