Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

has anyone ever done slim fast? know anyone?

by on Mar. 29, 2009 at 2:14 AM
Replies (11-16):
B.A.G.
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 1:25 PM

i love it! ive been doing it for 7 weeks now? and ive lost 10 lbs. its super easy! a mom i met on here, got me started. and i tell ya, if i didnt have someone to do this with, i would have failed miserably!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
B.A.G.
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Quoting ellyc19111:

I for the life of me could never figure out how a person who consumed x amounts of calories a day and was used to solid food could possibly be satisfied with just a shake for 2 meals. Is it because the stuff tastes like total shit so it makes you nauseous for a couple hours after that does the trick? Seems if you can be satisfied with nothing but a shake then there's no reason for you to have to overeat without it. Never tried it because it made no sense.

haha, honestly, i get the rich chocolate ones, i have one for breakfast, if i dont have coffee, and if i have like fast food for breakfast, i have one for lunch. i stay in the 1200 cal a day. or ill have also a lean cuisine or ww frozen meals for lunch. and then sip on special k protein water. to curb the hunger. and i dont exercise. i dont have time. i need to make time though. but the only good premade shakes so far are the rich chocolate royale. :) mmmm. im having one for lunch right now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
blustar
by Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Quoting B.A.G.:

i love it! ive been doing it for 7 weeks now? and ive lost 10 lbs. its super easy! a mom i met on here, got me started. and i tell ya, if i didnt have someone to do this with, i would have failed miserably!

realtorshelly
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 3:23 PM

The French Vanilla mix was good (I didn't like the canned stuff), throw some ice cubes in the mixer...not bad. You'll lose weight if you exercise too. You can't have a shake with a Big Mac and expect to see any results. Good luck~

margarita time

ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Quoting B.A.G.:

Quoting ellyc19111:

I for the life of me could never figure out how a person who consumed x amounts of calories a day and was used to solid food could possibly be satisfied with just a shake for 2 meals. Is it because the stuff tastes like total shit so it makes you nauseous for a couple hours after that does the trick? Seems if you can be satisfied with nothing but a shake then there's no reason for you to have to overeat without it. Never tried it because it made no sense.

haha, honestly, i get the rich chocolate ones, i have one for breakfast, if i dont have coffee, and if i have like fast food for breakfast, i have one for lunch. i stay in the 1200 cal a day. or ill have also a lean cuisine or ww frozen meals for lunch. and then sip on special k protein water. to curb the hunger. and i dont exercise. i dont have time. i need to make time though. but the only good premade shakes so far are the rich chocolate royale. :) mmmm. im having one for lunch right now!

Hey. I'm glad it works for you. But those leancuisines and all those other diet meals, aren't they loaded with sodium? Those of us on low sodium diets really shouldn't eat those. But my question is, what were you eating before that supposed ly made you feel fat?

BabyGracesMommy
by Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 6:42 PM

giving dad heart<---- My daughter insisted I add this, lol, she calls them "pumpkin" and "needed" one on the page. Lol, but that was totally off topic. I like the coffee and vanilla flavors, but only buy them when the are on sale and have the two "bonus cans" in the pack!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)