Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

'World's cheapest car' to be launched in July

Posted by   + Show Post

This is amazing, would you buy this car ?

'World's cheapest car' to be launched in July

• Story Highlights
  • Tata Motors to begin delivery of the Nano in July
  • Tata aims to make 350,000 Nanos a year from 2010
  • Car is billed as the world's cheapest, costing $2,000
  •  

NEW DELHI (CNN) -- India's Tata Motors Monday announced it would begin delivery of the Nano, billed as the world's "cheapest car", in July.

Tata Motors expects to begin delivery of the Nano, billed as the world's cheapest car, in July.

Tata Motors expects to begin delivery of the Nano, billed as the world's cheapest car, in July.

The four-door Nano is currently being built in "limited numbers" at a company plant in the north Indian hill state of Uttrakhand.

Tata Motors, however, aims to make 350,000 Nanos a year from 2010 at another unit elsewhere in the country, a company statement said.

"It is to the credit of the team at Tata Motors that a car once thought impossible by the world is now a reality. I hope it will provide safe, affordable, four-wheel transportation to families who till now have not been able to own a car. We are delighted in presenting the Tata Nano to India and the world," company chief Ratan Tata told a news conference in Mumbai to announce the "commercial launch" of the $2,000 car.

Tata Motors said the Nano would initially be available through bookings or reservations filed on a request form priced around $6, or Rs 300. Tata will accept the bookings from April 9 to April 25.

by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 8:59 AM
    Replies (31-32):
    WildKat
    by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2009 at 1:38 PM

LMAO!  I literally dropped my lunch when I read this...  rolling on floor

Quoting realtorshelly:

I wonder how many clowns will fit in it? Let's take it to D.C. and find out~ 

realtorshelly
    by on Mar. 31, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Quoting WildKat:

LMAO!  I literally dropped my lunch when I read this...  rolling on floor

Quoting realtorshelly:

I wonder how many clowns will fit in it? Let's take it to D.C. and find out~ 

LOL. Sorry about lunch~

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
    other members!
    Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN