Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would you be comfortable knowing that your SO and an attractive female co-worker hang out?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:01 PM
  • 24 Replies

Not just at work, but after work too.  Let's face it, the office can be a very social place at times, what with happy hours, client lunches/dinners, conferences, etc.

Saw a trailer for that new Beyonce movie coming out and though it seems her SO in the film is blocking the advances of his very attractive female co-worker, and yes - it's just a silly movie, still...situations like that are not too farfetched in real life.  Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't feel comfortable knowing that your SO was friendly with an attractive, single co-worker? 

by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monkeysmom29
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:04 PM

I'm a VERY insecure person so that to me = jealousy !!  ( hell yeah i will be mad!)

I'm  Agnostic ... also sometimes I don't make sense ... I'm just a woman.. I'm not rich ,I get wic but not food stamps .I live in a ghetto side of town but I love having extra money at the end of the month!! I love eBay .. love going to swapmeet's ..I have two kids boy  5 and a 2  year old girl!! edit: we live on the ghetto side of town because even with the money left over we could not afford to live on a better side of town!!! 

metalcowgirl34
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:06 PM

I'm usually the outcast when I tell my friends this.....but I really wouldn't care.  I KNOW my fiance would not stray...because I know we are so much alike.  I don't think it's fair not to allow him to interact with someone just because of their sex.  If I didn't allow him, then I'd have to restrict myself from talking to guys.  In fact I even know he talks to a girl who used to have a crush on him and I don't mind.

sassyandy124
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Sure why not? I trust my dh 100% We would not be married if I didn't. Personally I don't believe it should matter who throws themselves at your s/o if they are a person of honor they would never cheat. I know I wouldn't.

Now having said that if it was seriously interfering with our families time together, I would have a problem with that. It wouldn't matter if it were a beautiful woman, a buddy, or video games.

Those who can't get behind our troops should feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!

gogetem
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Having a similar problem right now.... BUT he did something VERY stupid to make me worry sick every day he leaves for work.  Depends on the man IMO.... and how well they've earned trust.

It's okay.   

My rats think you're gross, too.

<:3  )~~          ~~~(,,,,*>

CharmaineL
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:21 PM

I trust my DH and I do think it's ultimately up to him to make the right choices.  However, I have seen firsthand how aggressive some women can be.  Many a time we've been at parties or at a bar and there is always some woman who is flirting openly or buying him a cocktail.  Obviously, in social situations, we are not side by side all night long, but honestly?  I don't think a ring fazes many women. They simply could care less.  The workplace is just easier because of accessiblity on a day to day basis.

debbie1972
by Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Trust me, no one wants my DH but me (even I have to wonder sometimes)!

tenga cuidado para la guerita loca

sassyandy124
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Quoting CharmaineL:

I trust my DH and I do think it's ultimately up to him to make the right choices.  However, I have seen firsthand how aggressive some women can be.  Many a time we've been at parties or at a bar and there is always some woman who is flirting openly or buying him a cocktail.  Obviously, in social situations, we are not side by side all night long, but honestly?  I don't think a ring fazes many women. They simply could care less.

I agree. That's why I believe the responsibility lies mostly with the person (man or woman) in the relationship/marriage. The way I see it is the woman didn't make promises to me, my dh did. I think it's morally reprehensible for any woman  to 'go after' a man they know is in a committed relationship, but she owes me nothing, he does.

Those who can't get behind our troops should feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!

gilbertgrl627
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Lately I've been very self-conscious (actually, the past few years) about my weight. Before I got pregnant with my daughter, I had lost a good portion (I went from 190 to 175 in about 2 months). I felt good. Then I had my daughter and gained 25lbs. Lost some, then gained some, then lost some more. When I got pregnant this time, I was around 200 (OMG, I can't believe I said that). Every picture I see of me, I feel sick. I'm almost 20 weeks (Wednesday) and I feel like a cow. lol. My DH used to work with this girl who had a degree, and was pretty and thin....etc, etc. For some reason, I did NOT like him hanging out with her. Usually I don't care, but with her......I don't know. She moved on to another job, so they don't work together anymore. lol. If I was back down to my pre-pre-pregnancy weight, I might feel differently. But right now, I would NOT feel comfortable with him hanging out with her. Even if it was in a large group. (another reason could be b/c I want to hang out with him, but I'm "stuck" at home with the kid--just a theory--lol).

canthaveboys1
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:27 PM

would that happen in my house? No not so much. If it did please believe I would be single and than he could hang with whoever he wanted too and it would be ok.  

Canthaveboys1
CharmaineL
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Quoting sassyandy124:

Quoting CharmaineL:

I trust my DH and I do think it's ultimately up to him to make the right choices.  However, I have seen firsthand how aggressive some women can be.  Many a time we've been at parties or at a bar and there is always some woman who is flirting openly or buying him a cocktail.  Obviously, in social situations, we are not side by side all night long, but honestly?  I don't think a ring fazes many women. They simply could care less.

I agree. That's why I believe the responsibility lies mostly with the person (man or woman) in the relationship/marriage. The way I see it is the woman didn't make promises to me, my dh did. I think it's morally reprehensible for any woman  to 'go after' a man they know is in a committed relationship, but she owes me nothing, he does.

Yes, it's always easier to put the 'blame' that other woman, but in the end, it's your SO who is really responsible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)