Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This is my mini rant...

I feel like some people are just IDIOTS when it comes to relationships. Maybe their parents never tought them to respect themselves at all. Seriously, I have ZERO respect for women who allow men to take advantage of them, lie to them over and over again... and they come back for 2nds and 3rds!! It takes a strong, confident man to love a strong, opinionated woman... ... An intelligent woman can tell the difference between love that is returned and love that is lost on a man who is unwilling to give the same back. An idiot will throw their life away on a man who is not worth it. Ah well, some people are thick skulled and have to learn the hard way I guess.

PAHhhh-THETIC

Ash & Mark + our lil man

by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 5:07 PM
Replies (11-11):
Azlebella
by Member on Mar. 31, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Quoting cadence_p:

Since you have been in an abusive relationship you of all should understand how a woman can let herself get into that position. Since you had the strength right away to get out is not a reason to assume everyone else should. I'll admit in an old relationship I was a dumbass and thought I could "save" him. It took 5 years, but I finally saw the light and although I WILL NEVER allow another man to abuse me like that, I try to understand other abuse victims and help them out with my own experiences instead of just passing judgement (not trying to be rude or say you do that - I've just found it common). I think the worst part for past-abuse victims is that we "see" what is going to happen and it is frustrating. We have to remember how vulnerable we were and work with them. It's not always easy, but it's the best way.

You make a very good point. It was not like I instantly realized when I was a victem of an abusive signifigant other either, It DOES oftain take a long time to see past what is oftain hard for you to accept at the time. I guess it's just that it is not just frustrating to you alone, sometimes in the situation you are alienated from friends and family and that only wish the best for you. That is a shame when that happens because then the abuser's grip only seems to get tighter.

Ash & Mark + our lil man

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)