Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Bill O'Reilly: I'll Never Watch Another Sean Penn Movie - What do you think of these guys?

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM
  • 14 Replies

Bill O'Reilly: I'll Never Watch Another Sean Penn Movie

Monday March 30, 2009

Bill O'Reilly and Sean Penn

Don't ask Bill O'Reilly what he thought of Milk. Or any other Sean Penn film, for that matter.

In a new Hollywood Reporter interview, the conservative (who marks his 100th consecutive month as the No. 1-rated Fox News show on Tuesday) says he refuses to watch "just Sean Penn" movies because of the liberal actor's political views.

"He's a great actor, and if you hire him, you'll get a good performance," O'Reilly said. "I'm just not going to give a guy who gives aid and comfort to people like [Iran president Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez and Saddam Hussein, when he was alive, my 10 bucks. That's my right as an American."

See today's top celeb news photos

(Penn visited Iran briefly in December 2002 and later took out an ad in the Washington Post accusing President Bush for his "deconstruction of civil liberties" there. In 2007, Penn also met with Venezuelan president Chavez, who praised the actor for urging Americans to impeach Bush.)

Find out why Jessica Alba and Bill O'Reilly feuded

O'Reilly denied he was encouraging a new Blacklist era.

"It's a personal decision," he said of boycotting Penn's pictures. "I don't tell people how to vote or how to spend their money. I don't tell people how to do anything. In America, you decide for yourself. We don't endorse anybody here or promote a political party, which is why we've been so successful."

See photos of Sean Penn and other stars at the Oscars

Clint Eastwood, on the other hand, is O'Reilly's "No. 1" favorite celeb.

"I admire him because he's a self-made guy," he said. "Gene Hackman, because I've never seen him give a bad performance. Al Pacino, particularly the early stuff."

Unforgiven was his favorite Eastwood flick, but his favorite ones of all time?

"Godfather and Godfather II, O'Reilly said. "M*A*S*H; the original The Producers. I'm a big movie guy.

Feel free to join us on these CafeMom Groups:

The CafeMom  Newcomers ClubThe CafeMom Newcomers Club     Current Events & Hot TopicsCurrent Events & Hot Topics  
Advice for MomsAdvice for Moms 
  Kids, Fun & Photos!Kids, Fun & Photos!   The Cafe @ CafeMomThe Cafe @ CafeMom

by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I'm not a fan of Bill O'riley...but I have to have a respect for a man with convictons. good for him.

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Oh whaaa! Get a life Bill!

blondekosmic15
I love the Fall. Chill in the air decorated w/ bronze leaves & holidays approaching~
Yesterday at 9:49 PM
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Quoting christina0607:

I'm not a fan of Bill O'riley...but I have to have a respect for a man with convictons. good for him.

I do occasionally view Bill's show & I have'nt watched a Sean Penn film for the past few yrs......definitely not fond of the guy!

blondekosmic15
I love the Fall. Chill in the air decorated w/ bronze leaves & holidays approaching~
Yesterday at 9:49 PM
by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 9:33 PM

Quoting Cafe GroupAdmin:

Bill O'Reilly: I'll Never Watch Another Sean Penn Movie

Monday March 30, 2009

Bill O'Reilly and Sean Penn

Don't ask Bill O'Reilly what he thought of Milk. Or any other Sean Penn film, for that matter.

In a new Hollywood Reporter interview, the conservative (who marks his 100th consecutive month as the No. 1-rated Fox News show on Tuesday) says he refuses to watch "just Sean Penn" movies because of the liberal actor's political views.

"He's a great actor, and if you hire him, you'll get a good performance," O'Reilly said. "I'm just not going to give a guy who gives aid and comfort to people like [Iran president Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez and Saddam Hussein, when he was alive, my 10 bucks. That's my right as an American."

See today's top celeb news photos

(Penn visited Iran briefly in December 2002 and later took out an ad in the Washington Post accusing President Bush for his "deconstruction of civil liberties" there. In 2007, Penn also met with Venezuelan president Chavez, who praised the actor for urging Americans to impeach Bush.)

Hey Sean....how about the murderous rampage Saddam Hussein * his henchmen & his 2 sons Uday & Qusay continually inflicted upon their own ppl. & their neighbors!!!!! You surely are mum about this genocide!!!

hsteele
by on Mar. 31, 2009 at 1:10 AM

I think O'Reily's a jackass and I doubt Sean Penn really cares if O'Reilly is fan. I am sure it thrills him to be able to piss off someone like Bill O'Reily. And I am so sick of hearing about how we went into Iraq because Saddam Hussein was such a bad man. Yeah he is. But thats not why we attacked. Bush didn't bomb the crap out of an entire country for noble reasons of freedom. That's where the criticism comes in. Not to mention Bush's support of torture and his own refusal to grant civil liberties.

Heather
Proud Pagan Mama

" No teacher, preacher, parent, friend or wise man can decide- What's right for you -- just listen to the voice that speaks inside." ~Shel Silverstein~
ddbz
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2009 at 1:38 AM

So am I the only one who just doesn't even bother with O'Reilly? 

sassyandy124
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2009 at 9:38 AM

I don't watch Penn because he's an idiot.   

Those who can't get behind our troops should feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!

okmommy08
by Member on Mar. 31, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I wouldnt pay even a dollar to see a Sean Penn movie but its not cause Bill Oreily wouldnt either. either.

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2009 at 10:34 AM

You're not alone!! Actually besides the people on this board the only other person I know who listens to him is my dad which we obviously have VERY different views on things.

Quoting ddbz:

So am I the only one who just doesn't even bother with O'Reilly? 

ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I never watch O'Reilly either. The only time I hear anything about him is at times like this when he's in the news or somebody sends me something with him on it. The only movie I ever saw with Sean Penn was Fast Times At Ridgemont high. Personally I think he sucks. Plus, he's ugly!  ANYBODY who'd marry Madonna definitely has a screw loose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)