Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bill O'Reilly: I'll Never Watch Another Sean Penn Movie - What do you think of these guys?

Bill O'Reilly: I'll Never Watch Another Sean Penn Movie

Monday March 30, 2009

Bill O'Reilly and Sean Penn

Don't ask Bill O'Reilly what he thought of Milk. Or any other Sean Penn film, for that matter.

In a new Hollywood Reporter interview, the conservative (who marks his 100th consecutive month as the No. 1-rated Fox News show on Tuesday) says he refuses to watch "just Sean Penn" movies because of the liberal actor's political views.

"He's a great actor, and if you hire him, you'll get a good performance," O'Reilly said. "I'm just not going to give a guy who gives aid and comfort to people like [Iran president Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad, Hugo Chavez and Saddam Hussein, when he was alive, my 10 bucks. That's my right as an American."

See today's top celeb news photos

(Penn visited Iran briefly in December 2002 and later took out an ad in the Washington Post accusing President Bush for his "deconstruction of civil liberties" there. In 2007, Penn also met with Venezuelan president Chavez, who praised the actor for urging Americans to impeach Bush.)

Find out why Jessica Alba and Bill O'Reilly feuded

O'Reilly denied he was encouraging a new Blacklist era.

"It's a personal decision," he said of boycotting Penn's pictures. "I don't tell people how to vote or how to spend their money. I don't tell people how to do anything. In America, you decide for yourself. We don't endorse anybody here or promote a political party, which is why we've been so successful."

See photos of Sean Penn and other stars at the Oscars

Clint Eastwood, on the other hand, is O'Reilly's "No. 1" favorite celeb.

"I admire him because he's a self-made guy," he said. "Gene Hackman, because I've never seen him give a bad performance. Al Pacino, particularly the early stuff."

Unforgiven was his favorite Eastwood flick, but his favorite ones of all time?

"Godfather and Godfather II, O'Reilly said. "M*A*S*H; the original The Producers. I'm a big movie guy.

Feel free to join us on these CafeMom Groups:

The CafeMom  Newcomers ClubThe CafeMom Newcomers Club     Current Events & Hot TopicsCurrent Events & Hot Topics  
Advice for MomsAdvice for Moms 
  Kids, Fun & Photos!Kids, Fun & Photos!   The Cafe @ CafeMomThe Cafe @ CafeMom

by on Mar. 30, 2009 at 8:51 PM
Replies (11-14):
WildKat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Nope, I can't stand him.  And for the record - I thought "Mystic River" was one of the best movies, ever!

Peace,

Kat

Quoting ddbz:

So am I the only one who just doesn't even bother with O'Reilly? 

supermom11995
by Member on Mar. 31, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I like Bill O'Reilly, and Sean Penn is a pinhead.

realtorshelly
by on Mar. 31, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Sean who...? I stopped watching his lousy films back when he was Mr. Madonna.

Way to Go, Bill O!

way to go

PamR
by Pam on Mar. 31, 2009 at 4:01 PM
O'Reilly's an ass, but if he doesn't want to watch Sean Penn movies, so be it. I don't think Sean is heartbroken. By the way, if you haven't seen Milk, it's great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured