Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

THEIR MUSIC IS TOO LOUD!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:02 PM
  • 6 Replies

I live in an apartment and whoever is living either beside us or above us is playing their music WAY too loud to the point where the things i have on my walls is rattling!!! I am sooo sick of this crap! I dont know who it is that is playing their music so loud so i dont know which door to knock on to tell them to turn it down. I have banged on the walls and sometimes they turn it down and other times they just turn it up even louder. What should I do? I have had enough!!!

by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
forsythia_18
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Complain to whoever's in charge.  If they're going to live in an apt, they have to respect the other people around them!

gogetem
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I don't know....  It's annoying, but I have settled with accepting that it is a part of apartment living.  You have every right to enjoy a quiet day and they have every right to enjoy their music (as loud as they want during certain hours, too).  Living in an apartment is a pain and I can't wait to get out and enjoy the luxuries of not sharing common walls!  I do intervene, though, when I see and hear peoples fighting get out of hand.

Katie911
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Call the cops and tell them you want to file a noise complaint.  They will figure out who it is and deal with it.  Or call your landlord.

mama2b709
by Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I made the decision to call the cops. I explained to them that I dont BY ANY MEANS want this to blow up into something huge or anything and that all i want is for the people that are playing their music to keep in mind that there are other people living around them as well and that they should respect that fact. So I will be having an officer come out to my apartment to just tell him what I am expiriencing and to see if he could maybe find out where the music is comming from and ask them politely to keep it down for the sake of others living around them. I had my music up too loud once (having never lived in an apartment before I didn't know how thin the walls were) and my neighbore came and asked if i would turn it down and I of course felt like shit and of course I kept my music down ever since. SO I've expirienced being the culprit also. I hate having to resort to the authorities about this but my landlord isn't in today and I know she wouldn't do anything about it anyway. I feel like shit for calling the cops about it but if it means that it will put an end to all my crap rattling on the walls and at one point even falling off then so be it. I've had enough.

MyLittleMan6405
by Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Call the cops - that is considered Breaking the Peace and they can get a ticket for it. I bet that would make them turn down their music! JMO...

MyLittleMan6405
by Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Quoting mama2b709:

I made the decision to call the cops. I explained to them that I dont BY ANY MEANS want this to blow up into something huge or anything and that all i want is for the people that are playing their music to keep in mind that there are other people living around them as well and that they should respect that fact. So I will be having an officer come out to my apartment to just tell him what I am expiriencing and to see if he could maybe find out where the music is comming from and ask them politely to keep it down for the sake of others living around them. I had my music up too loud once (having never lived in an apartment before I didn't know how thin the walls were) and my neighbore came and asked if i would turn it down and I of course felt like shit and of course I kept my music down ever since. SO I've expirienced being the culprit also. I hate having to resort to the authorities about this but my landlord isn't in today and I know she wouldn't do anything about it anyway. I feel like shit for calling the cops about it but if it means that it will put an end to all my crap rattling on the walls and at one point even falling off then so be it. I've had enough.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)