Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

We've Been Lied To...(PIOG)

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

My husband just got his paycheck, we are having an additional $300 in taxes deducted each month with the new tax tables that went into effect.  We certainly don't make over $250,000 a year--not even close.

That $300 would pay for our car payment, or one of our health insurance policies (we cover our own health insurance), groceries for most of the month, our electric bill...

What ever happened to integrity?

by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Eilish
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 2:21 PM

But don't you know ... we have to line the pockets of the corporations that the government bought with the bail out money ....

Time for a "Tea Party!"

• Help keep an eye on what Congress is doing. Stay informed and spread

the message by posting Bills that need the People's attention - either

positive or negative. This forum is open to ALL Cafemom Members.
spoiled_wife
by Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Welcome to a Plutocracy.

Government ran by the rich, for the rich and piss on everyone else.

And I'm someone who's family makes that magic number of $250k a year. And you wanna know something.. I'm far from rich. Comfortable, yes. Rich.. Not by a long shot. 

Rich are the Soros', the Zuckerman's, the Bloombergs ect of the country....

I don't even want to look at my husband's paycheck next month.. I'll most likely cry..lol

Katie911
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Our government is a crock!  If my husband and my paycheck are docked 300 bucks I will be beyond pissed!  It's a bull that the president that promised tax cuts is allowing massive tax increases!

Eilish
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Time for Tea Party .... withhold finances .... change your W-4 forms to have 10 exemptions on it ... that keeps money from coming out of your paycheck.

• Help keep an eye on what Congress is doing. Stay informed and spread

the message by posting Bills that need the People's attention - either

positive or negative. This forum is open to ALL Cafemom Members.
chocolateroses
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Quoting Eilish:

Time for Tea Party .... withhold finances .... change your W-4 forms to have 10 exemptions on it ... that keeps money from coming out of your paycheck.

We were told by my husband's employer that deductions don't matter, it's the same across the board.  I will have to check into it.

Oh, and the tax tables the IRS mailed out were incorrect and they have to print and mail out the corrections--more tax payer money wasted,

Mommy_Jenn
by on Apr. 1, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Ouch.

Excuse the bad langage but at this point.. If 300$ was deducted from my hubsands paycheck we'd be fucked.

1bluediamond
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Quoting chocolateroses:

My husband just got his paycheck, we are having an additional $300 in taxes deducted each month with the new tax tables that went into effect.  We certainly don't make over $250,000 a year--not even close.

That $300 would pay for our car payment, or one of our health insurance policies (we cover our own health insurance), groceries for most of the month, our electric bill...

What ever happened to integrity?

Is that state or Federal? I would suggest getting with a good accountant and find out why and where those deductions are coming from.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN