Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hot Topic (4/8): How often do you use a babysitter?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:02 AM
  • 30 Replies

Do you take a break from your child?

Drop your kid off at daycare, when you have the day off?

If you do, do you go out and have fun or do you get work done around the house?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
trish27
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:00 AM

No, I am entirely too cheap, or, fiscaly responsible as my father would say :)  BTW, just discovered this group, what a heated bunch you all are!  Groovy, it looks like you could use one more dirt worshipper in the house....

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:11 AM

I'm a stay at home mom so I don't have days off...

Wife of a Marine - Mommy to a Little Prince

& Expecting a Princess in May!                

hsteele
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:38 AM

I rarely use a sitter unless I have to. My husband and I don't go out much. We also mean to but something comes up, or we're too tired. lol So sad.

Heather
Proud Pagan Mama

"Now you're in the minority. Its supposed to taste like a $h&t taco." ~John Stewart~

kristinas8
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM

I'm currently a stay at home mom and have never used a babysitter outside of family. My oldest 2 are 16 and 13 so I never think twice about leaving them when I need to anymore. 

mommybug77
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:26 AM

Do you take a break from your child? yes, but we really do not have a babysitter. The girls either spend time with their grandparents or at my SIL for the weekends if we go out together. I run errands without the girls all the time while their dad is home.

Drop your kid off at daycare, when you have the day off?  never

If you do, do you go out and have fun or do you get work done around the house? does not apply

rnjMOM
by Rachel on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:45 AM

My children are home with me when I am home. If I have the day off from work they are home too. The ONLY time they werent' was when my husband was gone for the week and of course I got so sick with the flu I couldn't even get out of bed. One of my friends had to come and get my kiddos for the day.

My husband and I go out every couple of months for "date night" but we dont' make it EVER the full time we say we would be gone! After dinner and maybe a movie we go home! Does that mean we are getting old? LOL!

othermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Every couple of months we have a babystter. Usually for birthdays, holidays, and when my mom comes down. When I did have a babysitter I would occasionaly have my son there when I was off work, usually if I got off a little early or an appointment. Not very often though.

Lexy2518
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:12 AM

Once a month the boys have a sleepover at their grandparents, my inlaws house, so my hubby and I can have a night off, and to be honest half of the time we end up staying home and just hang out around the house simply because we can. I have never used a sitter outside of my family. The only other time I bug my parents or in-laws is if I have a dr's appt. that I have to go to and my hubby won't be home for. Other than that I grocery shop when hubbys home and try my hardest to make dr appt.s for when he will be home.

morningdove831
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Do you take a break from your child?  Occasionally, yes.  Usually for special occasions - for example, my DBF's bday is next week, and I bought us tix to Lord of the Dance.  I do have a sitter lined up for that night.  But, usually, I have "my" time on the nights that DS is with his dad.

Drop your kid off at daycare, when you have the day off?  Yep, I've done it - but only on special occasions.  Not regularly.   

If you do, do you go out and have fun or do you get work done around the house?  Usually get work done around the house. 

izzybear0217
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:50 AM

We try to take the kids to their grandparents once every 2 months. They are there for a couple hours. We normally go out to dinner and a movie. Other then that I never get a babysitter even for special occasions

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)