• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO YOU STAND BEHIND YOUR TROOPS ...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM
  • 91 Replies

... if you oppose the war in Iraq?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mergath
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:37 PM
The two aren't mutually exclusive, if that's what you're asking. I was against the war when I WAS a troop, and it's sort of hard to not support yourself. :P

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

jenniamigo
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM

uh yeah....it's not their fault they are out there.

Mergath
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM
The two aren't mutually exclusive, if that's what you're asking. I was against the war when I WAS a troop, and it's sort of hard to not support yourself. :P

Mergath
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Whoops, sorry for the double post.

dr_m
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:42 PM

ABSOLUTELY !   i will always support our US troops !

marilyn

Group Owner,  Care Packages Unlimited

yellow ribbon

luckcharm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Not agreeing that the choice to go to war was the correct one is not the same as not supporting the troops who are fighting the war.

Throughout history there have been protesters of any war,  I'm sure some of the protestors thought it was the troops fault, but their was a large majority of them who really felt that by protesting the war they were supporting the troops,  by getting them home which was to them was the ultimate support.

sassyandy124
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:53 PM

I have no problem with the war, and I certainly have no problem with the military.

Those who can't get behind our troops should feel free to stand in front of them!!!!!

army_wife2000
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 12:57 PM

Of course.....when my dh was in Iraq, I sent so many packages to him and some to share with the other guys who didn't get packages from their families, I actually lost track of how many I sent.  He actually  may be going to Afghanistan this August :( 

We are  so fortunate to live in this country and to have these men give their lives for our freedoms! 

God Bless Americapatriotic

usafamom3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Support the troops 100%. My husband and I both served in the Navy and my son is attending the US Air Force Academy and will be an active duty officer when he graduates in 2 years.  

Agree with the war? That's hard, I agree with the reasoning of why we went into this war but feel it's gone on a little too long. I'd like to believe that some day we won't need wars to keep terrorist countries in line but that's a fairy tale. As former military you take an oath to protect your country and I will always agree with that oath. It's not just the duty of the military to protect their country, it's the duty of every American.

..JessIca..
by Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 1:41 PM

To go against the grain Im gonna have to care less. Not to sound like a bitch but everybody that singed up for the war knew that there was a high chance for deployment. So I don't feel sorry for any of them. My cousin is in iraq right now because his wife made him sign up so she can sit on her lazy ass and collect a check. Plus there is no reason for us to be over there anyways, at least anymore. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)