• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

And yet another one...............................

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

I believe, but am not positive, I have to gather up all the articles.

That this is around the 10th such incident in 2009 already....................

Is this a side affect of the nation's economic condition, are their other mitigating factors, is it a combitnation of the two.. Either way. This is starting to become a far too often occurance lately.

Police: Volunteer behind church retreat slaying

3 others hurt; nuns 'very distraught' as gunman opens fire at Calif. center

Source: Associated Press

TEMECULA, Calif. - Authorities said late on Tuesday that at least four people had been shot and one killed at a Korean Christian retreat in Southern California.

Riverside County Sheriff's spokesman Dennis Guttierez said the gunman was likely one of the people hospitalized after the shooting Tuesday night in Temecula, about 85 miles southeast of Los Angeles.

He said at least two of the victims had been critically injured.

Mario Lopez of the California Highway Patrol said officers responded to the retreat at about 7 p.m. after hearing a man had shot his wife. He said one person was dead when they arrived.

Guttierez said the language barrier was making it hard to get all the facts and that some nuns at the scene were very distraught.

Read more: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30100435 /

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Dzyre1115
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM

The way America is headed it makes you want to lock your doors and keep your family at home!

Da1nOnlyDestiny
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM

and to think that this is only the beginning that is the scary part.

preciouschild
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:08 PM

My probation teacher said that it will get worse because of them releasing drug and alchol dependent people instead of filling the prison system with them.There already isn't enough jobs for the people who don't have problems.

ellyc19111
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Quoting preciouschild:

My probation teacher said that it will get worse because of them releasing drug and alchol dependent people instead of filling the prison system with them.There already isn't enough jobs for the people who don't have problems.

Guess that's why they got drug & alchohol testing at the workplace so there's really a very slim chance that anybody like that will even get hired. Besides, most of them are probably already so far gone that there's really no help for them. So in time, they're back in jail. It's a vicious cycle.

SophiaofLight
by Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:47 PM

This is getting really scary. Everyday on the news there are stories of weird crazy shootings for no reason. I mean we used to hear about it once in a while but now it's on the news everynight. What is wrong with these people??  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)