Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the Obama Supporters ....

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM
  • 194 Replies

Poll

Question: Do think Obama has fulfilled his oath of office?

Options:

Yes (Provide examples)

No (Provide examples)

I don't know

other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 113

View Results

Quote:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

..... Tell us what good Obama has done and how he is fulfilled him oath of office. If there is so much good out there, and we "Obama-bashers" are so off base, then please share with us what good Obama is doing.

• Help keep an eye on what Congress is doing. Stay informed and spread

the message by posting Bills that need the People's attention - either

positive or negative. This forum is open to ALL Cafemom Members.
by on Apr. 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Eilish
by on Apr. 12, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I of course vote no, but most of you already know why.

mandygm
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2009 at 1:00 PM

The man has only been in office going on 4 mos.. he is working on the issues that he said he would! I would like to see anyone fix the horrendous mess that he bestowed apon in four mos. Give the man a chance to do his job for God sakes! Ask me this question in a year..  

amanda-1.gif mandygm picture by siggymakerCarieG_bucket
nateandlo
by on Apr. 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Quoting mandygm:

The man has only been in office going on 4 mos.. he is working on the issues that he said he would! I would like to see anyone fix the horrendous mess that he bestowed apon in four mos. Give the man a chance to do his job for God sakes! Ask me this question in a year..  

thank you I agree

Wife to Nathan  Mother to Carissa and Aaron

RunninRagged64
by on Apr. 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I'm not answering this question.

Give the man some time!  Sheesh.

elliephant
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2009 at 1:15 PM

Good grief people, give the guy a chance.  He has only been in office a few months and has to deal with the legacy of the money laden war imposed by the last guy.  Who was in power for YEARS!!

Seriously, how does anyone expect him to turn around the mess in the USA when its global AND falls on the heels of what Bush did?????

*gobstopped*

Happy Easter

erimar2
by on Apr. 12, 2009 at 1:19 PM

clappingthan you! yes ask me a yr from now!

Quoting mandygm:

If A$$H@les could fly This place would be an Airport!

Eilish
by on Apr. 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM

"The man" has already done a great number of things. Are they or are they not fulfilling his oath of office? It's pretty simple. I am not asking if the guy has "restored" America, I want to know if what he already done either fulfills the oath that he took to uphold the US Constitution, or does his actions violate the US Constitution?

Eilish
by on Apr. 12, 2009 at 1:43 PM

Okay, let's start by asking some questions ...

Is Obama within in his Constitutional dictate to make himself in charge of GM?

emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Quoting Eilish:

GM came to him for a bail out! he said I will give you money if you get you act together.They couldn't ...... Do you think he wants to be a care salesman. ....uh no......Do you think he had no choice because all of those employees at GM and the families attached to them will not have a job, health care and eventually a home if he lets  GM tank?..... uh ...yeah. Anyway, I am tired of defending someone who really shouldn't need defending. Lets talk about change.Let's talk about the power of the pen, the power of writing to your senator if you don't like something.- Although it a barrel of monkeys venting on Cafe Mom we should use that energy to make our beliefs heard on ears that can actually do something about it!!!! you voted for them, put them to work!banging head into wallOh and I like your fairy thing- cute!

Eilish
by on Apr. 12, 2009 at 2:14 PM

Quoting emilysmom1966:

Quoting Eilish:

GM came to him for a bail out! he said I will give you money if you get you act together.They couldn't ...... Do you think he wants to be a care salesman. ....uh no......Do you think he had no choice because all of those employees at GM and the families attached to them will not have a job, health care and eventually a home if he lets  GM tank?..... uh ...yeah. Anyway, I am tired of defending someone who really shouldn't need defending. Lets talk about change.Let's talk about the power of the pen, the power of writing to your senator if you don't like something.- Although it a barrel of monkeys venting on Cafe Mom we should use that energy to make our beliefs heard on ears that can actually do something about it!!!! you voted for them, put them to work!banging head into wallOh and I like your fairy thing- cute!

So you still haven't answered my question .... is Obama within his Constitutional dictate in this matter?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured