Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

“Cam Sham”: Obama’s Photo Op with Cheering, Camera Wielding Troops 100% Staged

Isn’t it just a pain in the neck when there’s an alternative media that prevents strict message control by a staged-photo-op of an administration and its willing mouthpieces in the MSM?

President Obama stands awkwardly in front of hand-selected US troopsIt’s painless for us, of course; rather, that pain is being felt in the necks of those who want to insist that a bow to a Saudi king isn’t a bow, that an omnibus spending bill with 9,000 earmarks is the beginning of earmark and fiscal reform, that indecisively waiting four days while an American ship’s Captain is held hostage on a rubber raft by four Somali pirates (before being bailed out by swift action by the hostage and a SEAL team) is bold, new leadershipand that a staged event with Obama voters only and a bunch of cameras handed out as props is a real sign of soldiers’ devotion to the new, inexperienced, non-military-friendly Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces.

That’s right: courtesy of our friend Dave Hinz at The Minority Report comes the true story of a staged photo-op between a president who cares only about controlled and contrived appearances, and the component of a deployed military that was hand-selected to give him the contrived appearance he and his handlers desired.

Hinz writes:

[T]hat wonderful cheering welcome that President Obama received with his unscheduled surprise visit to the troops in Iraq, was entirely a staged event.

The troops were interrogated beforehand, with those military members who had voted for President Obama given identical digital cameras and placed in front of the media cameras covering the event.

The photo is below.

According to Flopping Aces:

A sergeant who was there explained the subterfuge. “We were pre-screened, asked by officials ‘Who voted for Obama?’, and then those who raised their hands were shuffled to the front of the receiving line. They even handed out digital cameras and asked them to hold them up.”

What a wonderfully awesome idea — if, that is, you’re so scared you won’t get a warm reception from a military whose efforts you have spent your entire political career dissing and diminishing.

From what we’ve seen so far of Obama, he’s nothing if not 100% controlled and contrived; from the marketing campaign that cast him as a blank canvas and got him elected, to the Binky he has to take to every public appearance lest he look like an off-script fool, to this Iraq photo op, his track record bears this out entirely.

Hinz raises another good point about that staged photo op: the media coverage of the event:

[P]olitical operatives from the Administration orchestrate a faux-cheering crowd of adoring military, right in front of the media covering the event, and that media reports?

From the AP:

Quote:

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama went for the defining television shot by capping his first extended foreign tour with a surprise visit to Iraq.

He got it – pictures of hundreds of U.S. troops cheering wildly as he told them it was time for the Iraqis to take charge of their own future.

The war-zone photo opportunity produced a stunning show of appreciation for Obama from military men and women who have made great sacrifices, many serving repeated tours in a highly unpopular war.

So, the professional journalists [stop laughing -- I'm serious here] assigned to report the news of the President’s visit, saw cheering throngs of adoring troops, but failed to note the screening process that made the Kodak Moment possible.

How surprising is that? A mainstream media that gives Obama standing ovations after speeches simply assumed that this staged event was real, because it fit right in line with their own views of Obama and of the sentiment they believe he engenders. All they had to do was open their eyes — but they couldn’t even bring themselves to do that.

If this story does break into the MSM, look for it to be compared (favorably) to the shots of former POTUS George W. Bush holding up what lefty bloggers jumped all over as a “plastic turkey” — despite the fact that the soldier sentiment in those shots was real, and the story of the fake turkey a false one that engendered a retraction from the New York Times, if not from the reality-is-what-we-say-it-is lefty blogs

by on Apr. 13, 2009 at 10:24 PM
Replies (81-88):
mom2makayla
by Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 3:24 PM

Yes Leila,

My husband did some military staged appearances with Johnson and Nixon. It has been going on for quiet some time. My husband has very strong opinions about McCain, as he is also a combat viet nam vet. He says often that there is no combat vet from the nam conflict that is not guilty of crimes against humanity, including McCain.

Quoting LeilaR1:

They always hand pick the "extras" during these types of events. They did it with Clinton, then Bush and now Obama. Funny how my hubby got hand picked for both a Bush and a Biden event. I guess he just has one of those enthusiastically patriotic faces.

shinyhappymom
by Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Okay, I agree that murder is wrong. 

Do you think that God thought it was okay for George W Bush to support the death penalty? 

You cannot say that it is not God's will to have Obama for president. 

shinyhappymom
by Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Nope...but he permits a " bad leader " to win to send penance to a Nation which continuously disobeys & disrespects his laws. God permits evil to draw good out of it. The Scriptures give credence to this countless times. Suffering draws the heart to God.....America WILL reap what she has sown for electing Barack Obama. Sadly those of us who did not support him will reap many of the same penances as those who did vote for him~ 

Well, based on that logic I now understand why we had to endure Bush.

A true Christian will know God's will & fully understand his Divine Path...killing an innocent child is never God's will! That Christian will not compromise or ignore any of God's Commandments or Teachings which may not suit their own individual will. Very dangerous!

I disagree that a true Christian will know God's will and fully understand his Divine Path.  We are not God.  We have to have faith in Him. 

If you want to follow ALL commandments you may want to start with,

*You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor*

You are human and so is Obama.  Stop judging and believing all the hype.  You are not doing any good.

emilysmom1966
by Silver Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 4:09 PM

LOL, you said it LOL!

Quoting tericared:

Oh double sweet niblets...........

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 15, 2009 at 4:15 PM

Quoting conniecabe:

Quote:

A true Christian will know God's will & fully understand his Divine Path...killing an innocent child is never God's will! That Christian will not compromise or ignore any of God's Commandments or Teachings which may not suit their own individual will. Very dangerous!

So BK, I take it that you had no problem with the killing of innocent Iraqi babies  & children in a war that Bush started?  He gets a free pass because of his stand on abortion laws?  Wow...interesting.

HA HA HA

Yep... all those innocent children taught to shoot you in the head... 
I dare you to go to Iraq and hug one of those kids... you've got a 50/50 chance there's a bomb under their coat...  GOOD LUCK with that!

Wife of a Marine - Mommy to a Little Prince

& Expecting a Princess in May!                

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 15, 2009 at 4:16 PM

My father is a Vietnam Vet and 100% agrees with this...

He says it was hard to serve during that time, follow orders, and Not do something wrong.

Quoting mom2makayla:

Yes Leila,

My husband did some military staged appearances with Johnson and Nixon. It has been going on for quiet some time. My husband has very strong opinions about McCain, as he is also a combat viet nam vet. He says often that there is no combat vet from the nam conflict that is not guilty of crimes against humanity, including McCain.

Quoting LeilaR1:

They always hand pick the "extras" during these types of events. They did it with Clinton, then Bush and now Obama. Funny how my hubby got hand picked for both a Bush and a Biden event. I guess he just has one of those enthusiastically patriotic faces.

Wife of a Marine - Mommy to a Little Prince

& Expecting a Princess in May!                

rnjMOM
by Rachel on Apr. 15, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Quoting conniecabe:

Quote:

So BK, I take it that you had no problem with the killing of innocent Iraqi babies  & children in a war that Bush started?  He gets a free pass because of his stand on abortion laws?  Wow...interesting.

HUH! You were there? Damn it... guess I missed you! I was wondering who was killing all those innocent babies and children... Here I was thinking it was the suiside bombers! The whole time it was me and my comrades! WOW! Now I know! Thank you for letting me know!

hsteele
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 6:44 AM

There was an outcry. But just because there terrorists did it doesn't make it ok for us to do it. You folks bring that argument up all the time. "well Saddam and his boys did it first. Why aren't you complaining about them?" We were upset by it. Some of us are upset by these acts no matter who does it, our team or theirs. Seems, and I say "seems", like you only get upset when the other side does it, but if some of our guys kill children its ok. No big deal. We're the good guys. That's not how it works. The death of a child is the death of a child. Doesn't matter who takes the life.

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Nice try Connie.... I find it very interesting that some of you libs. are so concerned about the innocent Iraqi casualties concerning the War but conveniently fail to take into acct. the 1000's & 1000's of innocent Iraqis including women & children Saddam Hussein....his 2 diabolical sons Uday & Qusay + his henchmen were brutally killing on a daily basis.

Heather
Proud Pagan Mama

"...now you're in the minority. Its supposed to taste
like a $h&t taco."
~John Stewart~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured