Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do women really not know the father of their child? How can you not know? I just don't understand how that is possible.

by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Replies (11-20):
godsgirl26
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 1:51 PM

that is just plain out nasty....

Quoting Junebug926:

I knew lots of kids in college who had sex with more than one person in a month and not to mention one night stands.

Quoting godsgirl26:

that is jutst nasty to not know who their kid's father is...

Quoting AuntieSunshine:

The mom must have more than one sexual partner, or maybe raped.

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2009 at 1:53 PM

To each their own.

Quoting godsgirl26:

that is just plain out nasty....

Quoting Junebug926:

I knew lots of kids in college who had sex with more than one person in a month and not to mention one night stands.

Quoting godsgirl26:

that is jutst nasty to not know who their kid's father is...

Quoting AuntieSunshine:

The mom must have more than one sexual partner, or maybe raped.

sweetie00
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I've been there. It happens. More acceptable when a man has multiple partners, but whatever.

ColtsFan1912
by Bronze Member on Apr. 14, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I just do find it a bit sad. Sometimes I think SOME Of those women are just trying to fill an empty hole inside with sex. It's scary too cause of all the STD"s out there & stuff.  I just hope women who decide to sleep around, take more precautions & are careful with STD"s & such.

Honestly I just find it sad & deep down I DONT understand it either. I know I'm pretty old fashion & I really try not to judge, but i do find it sad. I really do.

"To sum it up all in one, I can't help but loving you, reminders of finer things so pure you were sure they would crumble & break, but so beautiful you knew they could not..perfect down to the last eyelash" Element 101.

JJTaylor
by Member on Apr. 14, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Really?!  You really have to ask this kind of question??? 

Sadly (and very seriously), you need only to walk into many corner bars in your local cities and communities to know this answer.  How many times in the past 5 years have we seen several famous girls that have had to sue or make letter of apologies for being photographed, videoed and recorded on cell phones or other items... Those awful "Girls Gone Wild" videos... many of these young girls don't recall any of these moments, they were WASTED and stupid drunk and thought they were just being stupid with friends... they later find they were so drunk they cannot even claim to know what they did.

I say the above because many, many, many unplanned pregnancies happen just like this... something happens, condoms, birth control of no kind is used and guess what?!  That miracle that never happens... happened!  Then the girls wakes and cannot believe she's in the predicament she's in and many don't hang around to get names... they run or rather bolt for the nearest door.  Thinking that's the end of the that scary stupid, asinine night!  a few months later she finds she is pregnant... and now she cannot even remember which apartment or house she bolted from 2 months prior!  So... she obviously wouldn't remember. 

And... NO I didn't do this, however, I worked at a bar soon after turning 21, my families bar for that matter, and it was in a smaller community; I still saw many girls get totally wasted, not remember anything, and me having to refresh them a week or two later when they reappeared at the bar.  Now if you add in factors like drugs, drugs that they either know they took or didn't take and the guy slips them something... we all know the names of them... they are wasted drunk on top of getting drugged... you tell me... do you think you'd remember? 

It happens too often and until women start to respect their bodies and what is happening around them it will continue to happen!

fiddleannecat
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM

In our public school there are several girls who are pregnant. There are 2 that absolutely have no idea who the father of their soon to be little bundles of joy is. They have had sex with so many different boys in a short period of time that they don't know. It's awful. My main worry is the diseases they can catch and pass on to other people or the child that they are carrying.

njpmom06
by Member on Apr. 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM

A young girl, she was 18, that went to school with my sister and later worked with me, got pregnant and before finding the father of her child, she test 8 guys for paternity.  She actually took to looking in the high school year-book to see who the baby looked like.

So to answer the question, yes, there are those that really don't know.

I am married to my son's father and have the same father for the baby that is due in June. However, my son's face is the spitting image of his father, so I guess I would have known regardless, LOL. 

rnjMOM
by Rachel on Apr. 14, 2009 at 3:58 PM

MAN! Don't y'all who don't believe it watch Maury? There are women like this everyday! LOL!

mama2b709
by Member on Apr. 14, 2009 at 4:23 PM

LMAO!!! I was just gonna say the same thing. I love Maury!!!

As for the women who do get preggo like one of the previous posters said it does happen they get drunk and dont remember ANYTHING sometimes. I actually was at a college party with a few close friends and we were dancing and all that. Well I only remember having 2 drinks (im NOT a lightweight, I grew up in the sticks so I am used to drinking Vodka straight when we had nothing to mix it with) and I asked this guy (who seemed nice) if he could go get me another. DUMB THING TO DO!!! I didn't even know this guy and he seemed significantly older than alot of the other kids there. Well he got back with my drink and I downed it. Well not even 5 minutes later I was feeling extremely drunk to the point that everything was spinning so this guy asked me if i wanted to go out for a smoke and my dumbass said yes. Well I dont even remember walking with him or how i got there but soon i realized that my friends weren't with me and so I asked him where we were going? GUESS WHAT HIS RESPONSE WAS??? "To my place." Right then and there I realized something WAS NOT RIGHT! So i was like I think you need to take me back and he told me no so i said fine I'll walk back myself and I turned and left. WELL I ended up getting LOST in the middle of Madison Wi. I was so scared. Finally, even though I was scared as hell, I stopped these two guys (they were about early 20's i think) who were walking on the sidewalk and asked them if they could help me. I was cold cuz it was the middle of winter and I didn't have my jacket, and they could tell I was really messed up so even though these two could have raped me or whatever they wanted to do, they took me back to their apartment and gave me a coat, mittens, a hat, and a scarf to wear and walked me all the way back to my friends dorm. I will never forget their names Paul and Tony. And I believe they saved my life. Who knows what could have happend to me had I not had enough common sense to not go with the other guy to his place??? I could have been raped, I could have wound up pregnant, who knows. But I often think about Paul and Tony and wish I knew their last names so I could thank them for taking care of me. Sorry for the long story but It just goes to show that ANYTHING can happen and I believe I was drugged that night by the guy who tried to take me to his place. I will never go to Madison again just because of this.

Quoting rnjMOM:

MAN! Don't y'all who don't believe it watch Maury? There are women like this everyday! LOL!

Mommy_Jenn
by on Apr. 14, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I think this is another case of people feeling uncomfortable with the non normal way of life.... 

It's their life, their bodies.. Let them do what they want.  I've had multiple sex partners, even a few women AFTER I was married, we all went together to get tested to prove we were clean.  I've had a few one night stands too.   Am I wierd?  Am I crazy?

Guess what, no diseases and I know who my sons father is and we are happily married. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)