Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Will You Be Attending Today

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 8:30 AM
  • 78 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you plan on attending one of the hundreds (if not thousands) of Tax Day Tea Parties today?

Options:

Yes

No

What are you talking about?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 77

View Results

by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lexy2518
by Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 8:48 AM

someone should start a post with pictures from the days events for people who couldn't be there!

ThatTXMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 9:10 AM

My husband will be going to one at noon.  But, I have to work.  I'll ask him to shoot a few pictures on his camera phone.  I think it is about time people show a united front against the crazy things that Washington does.  Most politicians are so out of touch with middle class America.  We work hard and bust butt and then get taxed to death for it. 

Washington is telling Americans to live within their means.  However Washington refuses to live within their means.

Do not forget - THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO MONEY, THEY USE OUR MONEY!

realtorshelly
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Just finished making my sign. I will be there with bells on!:o)

>>> Be careful, Ladies. <<<

There are rumors that party crashers (poopers) will be there to fan the flames. Ask to see credentials if they claim they are a news outlet. Keep your answers brief. Stay safe!

God Bless!

Ann7227
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 9:23 AM

I wish I could but I have to work !!!! I don't care what party your from I think everyone should go !!! Good history lesson for our kids.  I'm sick of our tax dollars going to taxes. You know my husband made $65,000 last year after taxes he brought home $48,000. Now I have to have two part time jobs so we can get by.  It's sad.

mazomama
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 9:28 AM

Yet again another topic i am completely clueless on ... no idea what your talking about....could you fill me in?

Estrella

Ann7227
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 9:30 AM

It's a protest against taxes and gov spending. All parties are involved .  Be a rebel !!! lol

Quoting mazomama:

Yet again another topic i am completely clueless on ... no idea what your talking about....could you fill me in?

aidans_mama
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 9:33 AM

nope.

mazomama
by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Quoting Ann7227:

It's a protest against taxes and gov spending. All parties are involved .  Be a rebel !!! lol

Quoting mazomama:

I so just had one of those moments where i hit my for head and said duh!Lol!!!!

Estrella

Junebug926
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM

OMG. I so can't help but laugh when they start talking about tea bagging.....my mind is completely in the gutter. :P

sassyandy124
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2009 at 11:03 AM

Quoting Junebug926:

OMG. I so can't help but laugh when they start talking about tea bagging.....my mind is completely in the gutter. :P

HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!! and might I also add ewwwwwww. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN