Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: Do you plan on attending one of the hundreds (if not thousands) of Tax Day Tea Parties today?

Options:

Yes

No

What are you talking about?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 77

View Results

by on Apr. 15, 2009 at 8:30 AM
Replies (71-78):
Dzyre1115
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 1:28 PM

The bailout was a nominal part of the reason for the protesting yesterday.  The protest was a general disgust for lawmakers and government officials that have continued to refuse to listen to what the people want instead of just doing whatever the hell they want. 

Quoting ddbz:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

No I didn't attend but I fully support the "bringing down" of our corrupt and spoiled government officials, lets start with Pelosi, that nutcase!

Didn't Pelosi OPPOSE the bailout?

lilyrose73
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Quoting ddbz:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

No I didn't attend but I fully support the "bringing down" of our corrupt and spoiled government officials, lets start with Pelosi, that nutcase!

LMAO... Pelosi opposing the bail out?  No, she did not.  She was one of the biggest "chicken littles"...  THE SKY IS FALLING,  THE SKY IS FALLING LOL.

ddbz
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Quoting Dzyre1115:

The bailout was a nominal part of the reason for the protesting yesterday.  The protest was a general disgust for lawmakers and government officials that have continued to refuse to listen to what the people want instead of just doing whatever the hell they want. 

Quoting ddbz:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Then why should we start with her? Shouldn't we start with the people who let all this crap get out of hand in the first place - wait - we've thrown most of them out already and are trying to fix what they broke.

Still not good enough, though, I must agree, but let's not just blindly throw blame around, please.

Dzyre1115
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Quoting ddbz:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Quoting ddbz:

Quoting Dzyre1115:

Then why should we start with her? Shouldn't we start with the people who let all this crap get out of hand in the first place - wait - we've thrown most of them out already and are trying to fix what they broke.

Still not good enough, though, I must agree, but let's not just blindly throw blame around, please.

Pelosi is from a state that can't manage itself let alone contribute to the management of an entire nation, I say she is definitely where we should start!   Starting with her would be to go at this problem with wide open eyes and definitely not blindly!

lilyrose73
by on Apr. 16, 2009 at 2:31 PM
We should stary with Pelosi because she pretty much wrote the last stimulus bill.
sassyandy124
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Quoting sassyandy124:

Oh & I thought this was not just about Obama but about all administrations and taxes. You again proved my point Sassy.

Is it the 'reading' part or the 'comprehension' part you have problems with? I will explain and try to use little words. I was responding, (that means talking or in this case writing) directly to your comments about paying taxes or going to jail. (remember YOU brought it up)  You said there were two choices and I showed that's not all together true. Understand now??? How could I prove your point, when you failed to make one???

1bluediamond
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Quoting sassyandy124:

Quoting 1bluediamond:

Quoting sassyandy124:

Oh & I thought this was not just about Obama but about all administrations and taxes. You again proved my point Sassy.

Is it the 'reading' part or the 'comprehension' part you have problems with? I will explain and try to use little words. I was responding, (that means talking or in this case writing) directly to your comments about paying taxes or going to jail. (remember YOU brought it up)  You said there were two choices and I showed that's not all together true. Understand now??? How could I prove your point, when you failed to make one???

ROFL. You're not the brightest bulb on the tree are you? If it wasn't about Obama you shouldn't have brought it up. Thanks for keep proving my point, again and again. I doubt you're capable of ever getting it.

All you said it was Obama blah, blah hiring tax evaders blah blah, You did no such thing as make any point You have an obsession with Obama that part is clear.

spoiled_wife
by Member on Apr. 16, 2009 at 5:02 PM

Okay.

So. I headed down to  the local "tea party" here in  my city..

I talked to people.

I listened to what they had to say.

For the most part. Every complaint, every issue that was brought up to me when I asked were not new issues. They were issues that have been steadily going on, through different Presidencies, different parties, for a couple of decades now.

Issues like:

Job outsourcing

Wages stagnating

Taxes rises

Good & services cost rising

Government doling out money like Fort Knox still had gold in it.

Illegals getting tax payer money.

Now.. Everyone of these, to some degree,  is a legitimate bitch.  I bitch about these things. But. These things have been steadily going on for years, from one administration to the next. Same policies, usually with just a little more bullshit added to them.

The only thing I noticed that has changed, based on the voices at my local tea party. Has been the face behind the podium announcing the policies. When this was pointed out the responses I got were. "At least people are upset now"......."It's been boiling for a long time. We had our first Tea Party in Feb (When asked what changed in government around that time that made them decide to become political involved. I receieved no reply).. " We've been angry for years, it's just now bad enough to get invovled".......  Again though. What has changed in they year 2009 that made these people decide to finally become outraged and involved.. Alas. No one at my local rally could or would answer that question for me.

That was just my experience yesterday. And what I took from what the people were saying.

I'm glad to see people taking an interest in their government, how it works and how it doesn't work.

I just wish more people would just be honest about their reasons for doing so. Again. This statement is based on the people I spoke to at the rally in my city yesterday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN